L.A. Girl - any opinions?

mae13

L.A. Girl is one of those cheapie brands featured on Cherryculture. I've been wary of trying out anything other than NYX from then, since at least NYX is a proven entity - a cheap brand that actually delivers.

But I ran across a teeny display of L.A. Girl's new eyeshadows (which aren't featured on Cherryculture yet) and I was intrigued.

Has anyone tried anything from this brand yet? Thoughts?

This is the website for the brand itself: L.A. Girl Color Cosmetics – For all your color makeup and cosmetic needs.

Cyanide.Candy

I just ordered some of their neon nail polishes - haven't received them yet though, when I do I'll report back though!
winks.gif

The colours look great!

talste

I own a few of the high definition eye shadow trios, I usually chuck them into my make up bag when I'm traveling and don't want to take to much high end stuff. I'm quite pleased with them, staying power & colour pay off is great for a budget product and the texture is smooth and easy to apply, Only issue I've had is a shadow broke up once in my train case in checked in luggage during a short flight but for the price I paid for it that was no big deal.

Obreathemykiss

This brand is very cheap...but everything I have from them so far has been actually quite lovely. It is of course...cheapo makeup so I wouldn't expect anything fantastic-it's just "okay" in my opinion. The downside is the shadows are made with talc, but they are pretty pigmented and have nice color payoff. They also last throughout the day with just a concealer base...I use concealer because it helps make it look less powdery. I rarely use my shadows, but when I do, I think they're worth the buck I paid! I'm tempted to buy more now, actually!

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

I've been really wondering about the foundation as they seem to have a very light foundation for my pale skin but I am concerned about breakouts.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
This brand is very cheap...but everything I have from them so far has been actually quite lovely. It is of course...cheapo makeup so I wouldn't expect anything fantastic-it's just "okay" in my opinion. The downside is the shadows are made with talc, but they are pretty pigmented and have nice color payoff. They also last throughout the day with just a concealer base...I use concealer because it helps make it look less powdery. I rarely use my shadows, but when I do, I think they're worth the buck I paid! I'm tempted to buy more now, actually!

I ordered a couple of blushes - what the heck, right? If they suck, it's only a few bucks down.

Have you noticed any differences between the singles and the duos for the blushes or eyeshadows, like there is with the NYX eyeshadows?

Latest posts