La Fondue

OfficerJenny

o_o
So I went to this place La Fondue for dessert tonight, delicious fondue. However, when eyeing the dinner menu, it uh.. was odd, to say the least.
Just wanted to share it here cause I found it both disturbing and hilarious D:

lara

I've eaten everything on that list except for Buffalo.

Savage Duck just makes me think of Mythbusters, haha.

OfficerJenny

Savage duck is the strangest way to describe duck. I would like to see how a savage duck would fare against a wild boar.

NutMeg

I LOVE fondue. I'm Swiss, so we do it every year on Christmas Eve.
smiles.gif

ticki

I've eaten there with some friends before. You should try the dinner some time, it's pretty freaking good! We had the venison and buffalo. Buffalo meat can be kind of purplish in color so it can freak you out if you're not prepared for it.

caffn8me

Looks tasty! I'm with Lara on this one - except the only thing one the list I haven't eaten (yet!) is llama. Can you tell I'm not a vegetarian?
winks.gif

mtrimier

lol.gif

I am going to start calling people "savage duck" from now on.
I shall practice my phrases..."oh you savage duck!" "don't be such a savage duck!", "Oh yeah! Well you can choke on a/my savage duck you free range chicken!"

Yeah. This is gonna work out well for me.

Fataliya

Um...the only thing I'd be willing to eat there is the cheese, chicken, pork, or beef, lol.

I just CANNOT bring myself to eat 'weird' things. Yanno...weird to me, that is.

Dreamergirl3

Alligator is tasty! I had some at the Gilroy Garlic festival once. Though I'm guessing anything with that much garlic would be delicious.

NutMeg

My older brother used to live in Nelson BC, and when I was visiting him about a year ago we went to a restaurant called The Inner Clove. Every dish heavily featured garlic, even the desserts. It was amazing.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
There's a garlic festival?

Count me in! I love me some garlic, oh man.

It's so amazing. You can smell it so far away it's like the hottest thing ever.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
It's so amazing. You can smell it so far away it's like the hottest thing ever.

When I was at college (in England), one of my friends was from near Monterey CA, She told me about Gilroy and the garlic festival.

May years later I was driving back from Merced to Palo Alto. As I was driving along I became aware of a very strong garlic smell in the air and, sure enough, Gilroy was just around the corner! I love garlic
smiles.gif

xsavagex

Yumm garlic, i could live on garlicy food.

ew i wouldnt eat anything on that menu pretty much!

TISH1124

^^ You will have to go get your own live buffalo from state of chioce and drag it into their kitchen for prepping
winkiss.gif

You might want to rent a Uhaul and a rifle....maybe some rope...
Keep us posted
cutey.gif

caffn8me

When I was doing my zoology degree I never knew buffalo had wings. I had to come to the USA to discover that. I was amazed how small they were on such a large beast. I guess that's how I managed to miss them the first time round
smiles.gif
Tasty though!