LA Noire

LMD84

Any of you guys played this game yet? I never usually get hooked on a game but I swear I played this for 3 hours straight yesterday! And then for another hour before I went to bed! I love that you get to solve crimes by reading people's reactions and such. It reminds me a bit of the Pheonix Wright games on the DS which are my all time faves!

HappyInsomniac

I need to get this, I love rockstar games (red dead redemption was so much fun). I am waiting until I've handed in my semester 2 assignments, though, as I doubt I would get anything done if I bought it now.

LMD84

let me know if you get it! i can't wait to chat to others that have played it. annoyingly my hubby keeps correcting me when playing it though, never a good idea to play with one of the people that helped make it right?!

DILLIGAF

I'm loving it!!!!!! If Rockstar Games farted on a disc I would buy it. I am NEVER disappointed with what they put out. They went in a different direction this time but its still true to Rockstar Games. I really like the fact that you have to watch the faces of the people you interrogate to ascertain if they are lying or not. I just started this game this weekend and I'm completely wrapped up. Lou tell your hubby I said thanks for a great game!

LMD84

I'm loving it!!!!!! If Rockstar Games farted on a disc I would buy it. I am NEVER disappointed with what they put out. They went in a different direction this time but its still true to Rockstar Games. I really like the fact that you have to watch the faces of the people you interrogate to ascertain if they are lying or not. I just started this game this weekend and I'm completely wrapped up. Lou tell your hubby I said thanks for a great game!
hee hee! i'm pleased you like it! I have been playing it everynight for an hour or so and then I've been playing it for a couple of hours today! so addictive!

sayah

Yep! Talk about addicting!
girlhaha.gif

mtrimier

OT, but what systems are you all playing this on? I can't decide between PS3 or an Xbox 360.

'cause i wannaaa plaaaay! hee!

LMD84

OT, but what systems are you all playing this on? I can't decide between PS3 or an Xbox 360.

'cause i wannaaa plaaaay! hee!
i have it on the ps3 :) on the xbox doesn't it come on 3 discs or something? if you have a ps3 maybe that would be easier because that is just on one disc :) i can't get over how cool it all looks - they actually filmed actors and then imported them into the game! i recognise so many people from films and tv shows and such!

mtrimier

I don't have either system, but am leaning toward buying a PS3 when I've saved up for it. Thanks for letting me know about the discs. I have enough random cd's and dvd's to deal with!

LMD84

I don't have either system, but am leaning toward buying a PS3 when I've saved up for it. Thanks for letting me know about the discs. I have enough random cd's and dvd's to deal with!
oh totally go with the ps3! you can use it as a blu ray player (which is amazing because it updates wirelessly and is 3d compatible), has wifi built in, has access to on demand tv services (at least in the uk) and is a very good console and doesn't have as high failure rates as the xbox. of course i work for sony however nothing to do with the playstation part of the company! most of my work mates have both xbox and ps3 and all prefer the ps3 :)

LILYisatig3r

I've heard SUCH good things about this game. A lot of my co-workers have bought it and keep praising it, I really need to get it. I loved Red Dead Redemption and obviously GTA. I watched IGN's video review of it and it looks really good. I'm thinking about picking it up used for my buy two get one free pre-owned coupon :0

DILLIGAF

I'm going to weigh in on the PS3 vs. 360 debate. GET THE PS3!!!! That is all. Like the adverts say it Only Does Everything. Game console, BluRay Disc Player, DVD player... and like Lou said it obviously is able to hold more information on the disc than the 360. That is why the PS3 version of LA Noire is 1 disc as opposed to the 360's 3. Now don't get me wrong I see myself owning a 360 in the future just for the a few of the games that are exclusive to Microsoft. Alan Wake for example. However I'm not in a rush to do so since most of the games I play are usually cross platform or eventually get ported to the PS3. Im sure this post is going to get me labled a sony fanboy
girlhaha.gif
Just a side FYI I'm almost as hardcore with my games as I am about make up. Almost.

LMD84

I've heard SUCH good things about this game. A lot of my co-workers have bought it and keep praising it, I really need to get it. I loved Red Dead Redemption and obviously GTA. I watched IGN's video review of it and it looks really good. I'm thinking about picking it up used for my buy two get one free pre-owned coupon :0
i still havent played red dead! i should try it out really if only to see what hubby was working on for so long! :p

DILLIGAF

i still havent played red dead! i should try it out really if only to see what hubby was working on for so long! :p

Red Dead is Awesome!!!! I've played it through twice. If you can get the zombie one as well. It made me giggle.

LILYisatig3r

The biggest reason I bought one is the blu-ray player, free online multiplayer stuff, and the fact that all big games are one disc vs. like four. Like FFXIII and a lot of other big games.

Quote: i still havent played red dead! i should try it out really if only to see what hubby was working on for so long! :p
Oh my, Red Dead is SO much fun!! & yes, Undead Nightmare is definitely worth getting if only for the sheer entertainment it offers ha. Especially if you love zombies :) Is anyone excited for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? Or Dead Island?

DILLIGAF

The biggest reason I bought one is the blu-ray player, free online multiplayer stuff, and the fact that all big games are one disc vs. like four. Like FFXIII and a lot of other big games.

Oh my, Red Dead is SO much fun!! & yes, Undead Nightmare is definitely worth getting if only for the sheer entertainment it offers ha. Especially if you love zombies :) Is anyone excited for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? Or Dead Island?

Of the two I'm looking forward to Dead Island the most. Actually my next highly anticipated game is Arkham City.