lacquer> yay or nay?

Sanne

I was going through the MAC site, and I was looking at the lip lacquers, and I wondered why I never heard much about these.
please tell me the difference between these, a lipstick and a lipglass? and are theyas sticky as the lipglasses?

TY!

glittergoddess27

I played with these at my freestanding a couple weeks ago,.. they are really sticky probably more so than the lipglasses. The texture of sticky is thicker, if you know what I mean. They make you want to constantly blot and roll your lips. The MA here told me that they tend to "move" a lot on your lips,... but if you are good at resisting the urge to roll your lips together and can leave it alone you'll be okay. Though I noticed it also bled into lip lines quickly as well. This kinda depressed me,.. I love the color Fanplastico but can't bring myself to buy it. Wish they would get a prolongwear in that color,.... Hope this was helpful???

Juneplum

oh gawd i LOVE the lacquers! i have fanplastico, ackrylicka, glossette, varneesh and rainbeau. they're like liquid lipstick. the texture is smooth, creamy and very shiny! i haven't had a problem with them bleeding at all. maybe use a reverse liner to prevent that.

mac_obsession

I have some of them...Poco Pink, a much denser version of nymphette, peachy pink with gold, and Tongue in Chic, which reminds me a lot of a denser oyster girl...both are fabulous!! They are much stickier than lipglasses Ive found, but the color payoff is a lot denser as well. When I want a lot of color I do lacquer first
greengrin.gif
.. I like em a lot, but not as much as lustreglasses or lipglasses.

Sanne if you want I can take pics of em for you
smiles.gif

Jessica

I have several lacquers, but I personally prefer glasses. Only because they are more sheer and not as sticky. But the lacquers that I do own I <3 them. Give them a try!!!

rouquinne

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Varneesh and Sheena!!! i bought them the first week they came out and have worn them ever since!

mac_obsession

ok I quite havent figured out how to post more than one pic in one post but Ill try here are the lacquers I have, 4 of them Ive never even used, they were in my box "to be sold or swapped" lol

missunderstood

I had one lacquer in Varneesh but it was way too sticky for me. Also, it smelled so plastic-y. I ended up giving it away.

orodwen

i like them but i haven't bought any more than i have already. i have soiled (is that right? having a brainfart) & adobe girl. i keep forgetting to check them out when i'm at a counter. btw, poco pink looks horrible on me.
tong.gif

fluffy.gif

beautifulxdisaster

I like the brush on the lacquers, I can make them more precise and I think they are not as tacky as lipglasses but stickier o_o They last longer than lipglasses IMO and leave a pretty leftover. And you get a lot of product!

Demosthenes

I love the Lacquers! They are great for me, since I have dual toned lips that are very pigmented. A lot of times the lustre glasses and lip glasses are too sheer for me, so the lacquers are perfect. They are thicker and more pigmented, like a liquid lipstick and they are really sticky at first. After like a month or so the texture improves and the stickiness goes away. They are more expensive than the lip glasses though, so most people pass on these.

Here are a few colors:

http://img.makeupalley.com/3/6/9/6/263232.jpeg

Sanne

great thanks so much for the pics and the feedback on them. I think I'll pass on them, even though I really like the colors, but I find lipglasses too sticky allready, and I can't handle anything that's even stickier
greengrin.gif

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
great thanks so much for the pics and the feedback on them. I think I'll pass on them, even though I really like the colors, but I find lipglasses too sticky allready, and I can't handle anything that's even stickier
greengrin.gif

i think u should give them a shot. at first i wasnt into them but i tried it. they really are like a liquid lipstick. great color payoff but still a liquid form. and i dont feel they are sticky at all. mischievous is my current fave :)