Ladies I have a new client and I need help!

Kismet29

I was recently contacted by a woman who wants to hire me to do her make up for a few big events she has comming up. Its a big paying job but she is kind of a tough job. Her eyes are kinda small and there isn't much definition in her lids. I have rights to her photo so I am going to post it so you can all help me! She wants a glamour look but I am afraid anything I do with much color is going to look worng on her eye shape. Help!
Amanda.jpg

Its mainly the eyes I am trying to figure out. If I gave her a nicely shaped brow and som lashes it would help but how do I add any color without making her look like a raccoon?
th_dunno.gif

Odette

You can try concentrating colour along her waterline and smudging out. She has really nice skin so really make that the focus and make sure that it is impeccable and luminescent. Her eyes appear hooded in the picture, is it? Try doing a wash of solid colour on her lid and lightly blend it out over her crease so that it fades gradually towards her her brow. Use a complimentary colour to her eye colour too.

Create an elongated cat eye shape and blend it out and up.

Kismet29

her eyes are hooded that is the biggest issue I'm dealing with. Im worried too much colr will accentuate it.

urbanD0LL

false lashes are a must , don't go with colors that are too dark and if you do keep them really at the 1/3 of her outer eye , maybe a white liner or fleshtoned liner would also help , black/dark liner shouldn't go all the way until her inner eyes , that's all i have for now

January

I did make up on a friend that has a similar eye shape... it was a challenge, but she ended up looks really beautiful once we were done!

Keep the lid light and shimmery (example: MAC Dazzlelight or Shroom (for a for subtle effect)), especially on the inner lid. Put some color on the inner tear duct (MAC Vanilla Pigment would look pretty there).

Lightly blend out the outer crease past where you can see it (example: MAC Soft Brown or Texture), just for definition.

Put a darker color like MAC Twinks (a dark frosty plum-brown) in the outer corner (in like a > shape and lightly smoke it underneath the lash line).

Line her upper water line in black.

Line her lower water line with white or flesh tone liner.

Let us know how it goes! I think with the right eyebrows (and a nice brow high light), she will look beautiful.

Kismet29

Ok so I did her make up today and she totally wanted a natural look instead of the smokey eye we discussed. I am also a hair dresser so I colored and highlighter her hair and did her make up for the event. Here is the before and afters.

Amanda.jpg

And after

amandaafter.jpg

I did a color highlight, blow dry set it on rollers and styled her hair. Then a full face of make up.

I used revlon colorstay foundation over Sheils Pore Perfect foundation primer.
Mirabella diminish conceler in # 1
Wet & Wild triple set in Walking on Eggshells
Mirabella liner in twig smoked out with the darkest shade of the shadow
Blush is an avon color I love that I don't know the name of
Mascara is Revlon double twist in balckest black ( she didn't want lashes )
Lips was a flesh tone liner and Jane Kiss of Carmel

Here is the kicker you guys I spent four hours on this woman and I think she looks amazing but she hated it! Hated the lips Hated the borws and hated the hair. She still payed me but I feel like crap. She looks great but I know she didn't feel good tonight.
ssad.gif
I get that its a drastic change. Hopefully she didn't wash off all her make up and wear a baseball cap. I know people would tell her she looked amazing. What do you guys think? Be honest I can take it!

January

Hated the brows??? WHATTTTTTT? They totally changed her look! I think she looks gorgeous. She's just not used to seeing herself like that.

Kismet29

I totally agree! The brows are what make her look feminine and soft but they were the first thing she wiped off!
ssad.gif
Oh well can't please em all. I really don't know what she wanted. Most MUA I know would have done something way more drastic and not caught the fact that acoring to her everyday look her idea of glam wasn't a smokey eye and bright lip it was mascara and lip gloss.
smiles.gif
Thats fine I have to remember that my daily look can be others night on the town look. Can't please em all!

EvoPandaPnay

false lashes (natural),smokey eyes, apply thin black eyeliner on top then white eyeliner on the bottom, peach blush, neutral beige lipstick.

Latest posts