Ladybug colour

Kisbee

I bought Ladybug hoping for a sheer red colour and it seems to go pink on my lips. Is this common, or do I just have funny pigment in my lips?

Is there anything I can do to salvage it (lipliner underneath etc?)? I don't wear a lot of lipstick, and I like the way it feels on my lips, but ideally I'd like something a bit redder.

ptamelissa

Try putting some foundation on your lips first to sort of mask your natural lip color.. put it on lightly!!

BunnyBunnyBunny

On top of what ptamelissa said, you can try applying as well a more-red-than-pink lipliner and a red gloss over it. I personally like Dewy Jube on red lips, makes them a lot more intense. But that is sort of a cherry red, so it may make Ladybug more pink.

me_jelly

If lady bug turns pink on you, try Redd lipliner (it's more of a tomato red than cherry red) underneath to bring out the red tones in lady bug

Kisbee

Thanks for the advice, I tried some foundation, and it still looks pink, I went to the MAC counter and asked them, and they think it might be my colouring that makes it look pink..

Looks like I might have to try swapping it...