Lancaster School of Cosmetology

beby24

Hello,
I know this may be a shoot in the dark but I am thinking of going for Esthetics, I really can't find any good reviews on this school, its ver close by my house and they have been in business for a long time yet I only found one review of the school
ssad.gif

Anyone ever attended this school?

Anyone got any suggestions of what kind of questions I should ask to make sure this would be worth my time and money. What kind of questions would you ask for to one of those recurters.

Thanks

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by beby24
Hello,
I know this may be a shoot in the dark but I am thinking of going for Esthetics, I really can't find any good reviews on this school, its ver close by my house and they have been in business for a long time yet I only found one review of the school
ssad.gif

Anyone ever attended this school?

Anyone got any suggestions of what kind of questions I should ask to make sure this would be worth my time and money. What kind of questions would you ask for to one of those recurters.

Thanks

Anyone have any suggestions on what things to ask when i go meet with this school next week.

Jeri

Their website looks professional. Ask if they have references and if you can speak with some of the students.

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri
Their website looks professional. Ask if they have references and if you can speak with some of the students.

Good idea....

Zoe E

i went to lancaster school of cosmetology for about four months before transferring to empire in york because i was extremely unhappy with what they were trying to pass off as an education. at night two separate classes were taught simutaneously by ONE inexperienced teacher whom had no idea what she was doing. on top of that, the building and equipment such as blow dryers, shampoo area were all very outdated and rickety and there was constantly hair on the floor. their curriculum did not adequately prepare students for state boards either, imo. there were several other issues i had at lancaster also, and i am just glad i am happy where i am now. if you can find somewhere else, i would recommend going with that, because for me anyway, lanc. was nothing but headache after headache. very disappointing on many levels.

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe E
i went to lancaster school of cosmetology for about four months before transferring to empire in york because i was extremely unhappy with what they were trying to pass off as an education. at night two separate classes were taught simutaneously by ONE inexperienced teacher whom had no idea what she was doing. on top of that, the building and equipment such as blow dryers, shampoo area were all very outdated and rickety and there was constantly hair on the floor. their curriculum did not adequately prepare students for state boards either, imo. there were several other issues i had at lancaster also, and i am just glad i am happy where i am now. if you can find somewhere else, i would recommend going with that, because for me anyway, lanc. was nothing but headache after headache. very disappointing on many levels.

Thank you very much...