Lance Bass...if you didn't know, now you do

IslandGirl77

NEW YORK - Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed — that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

Lady_MAC

It makes me happy when people feel comfortable enough to come out. It's ridiculous that bigoted homophobes make people feel as though their reputation, career, safety, etc. will be in jeopardy if the truth is told.

caffn8me

Yes, good for him! I think it's great he feels comfortable enough to make this announcement.

Juneplum

we all knew he was
th_wink3.gif

JULIA

I was reading about this earlier this morning. Good for him! At least he's brave enough to do so.

Shimmer

*shrug*
I've never understood the need for people to announce their sexuality. It's really not my business who he likes doinking....

jessiekins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
now we just need jake gylenhaal to come out =]

nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! don't ruin my dream of getting jake, keanu and johnny all into bed with me.
graucho.gif
winks.gif
lol.gif

anyway, with a name like lance, how could you NOT be gay!
lol.gif

juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
iagree.gif
Who didn't know? LOL

I was quite surprised to hear that he is gay. I heard from one on my co-worker whose friend happen to text her the info. Then lil later on MTV-TRL confirmed it! I was like no way!!!!!! serisouly I thought he was least gay/looking person from the band. I wouldn't be shocked if Justin Timberlake or JC is gay but woah Lance Bass???

I always thought it was weird how there was no gossip about him and his girls.

but good for him tho.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
*shrug*
I've never understood the need for people to announce their sexuality. It's really not my business who he likes doinking....

I agree..then again when your in the spotlight..everyone seems to care about what celebs are doing and what not.. Who cares. I dont care who is dating who, and who is splitting up. but it always seems to be front page news.

... haha who didnt see this one coming from a mile away.

GODDESS

I think it was nice of him to keep his secret for so long, he could have blown it for all of them!

Nolee

first think i said when i read the article was DUH!! was so obvious even if u'r not fan and dont know anything about him, them i went like SO?
i mean if i was a fan, i dont think such news would make any difference to me really
he just wanted a reason to be back in the spotlight again, but that's about it..