Lancome Colour Dose?

Dia

Has anyone tried these for either eyes or lips? I'm thinking of picking up one of the lip doses tomorrow but don't want to buy it and find out it doesn't stay.

tia

Sanne

try www.makeupalley.com, you can find tons of reviews over there.

I really hate the color dose yeux, It isn't applyable for me, no matter what I try, it keeps on gtting messy. I love the paints from mac a lot more! never tried the lipstuff

mandyjw82

i have one in bright plum i think it is and it stays on good and doesnt crease on me. i really like it.

mac_obsession

I have a bunch of them, I like the two I have tried, and I have a lips/cheek one that Ive yet to try. Ill let you know what I think when I do
greengrin.gif

I love the rose riviera and beach plum...very pretty colors
greengrin.gif
They do stay pretty well for me, I find them similar to paints but not AS great as paints.

mommy_mac

I love Colour Doses for eyes (never tried the lip/cheek ones). I find their staying power is comparable to that of MAC Paints... some of the colours are really pretty (love Bermuda Sunrise & Spice Islands)... overall a good product.

sophie-au

The Colour Dose for Lips & Cheeks in Shocking Mai (also called Xiao Li J) is superb. It was part of the Urban Eve colour story (Devon Aoki was the face) and was foolishly limited edition!

The colour can easily be sheered out to a soft red or built up for full-on red lips and it has moderate staying power. If applying with your fingers, you need to wash your hands pronto or it WILL stain your fingers.

It's also creamy rather than a sticky gel, but this does mean you need to moisturise first otherwise the colour will apply unevenly if you have dry patches on your cheeks.

Unlike the Color Dose Yeux, it's in a plastic tube, so no risk of leakage the next time you open it.

The CD Yeux are in metal tubes, so you have to be careful when squeezing them or you get too much shadow coming out. I haven't tested them properly to comment on performance.

jeanna

I got a sample of the Colour Dose for eyes as a free gift w/ purchase, and so far so good. It's creamier than the MAC paints and doesn't dry as fast either, so it helps my eyeshadow go on more smoothly. However, I tried it for the first time today, and the day has only just begun so I'll let you know how my shadow is at the end of the day
winks.gif