Lancome French Coquettes Collection for Fall 2010

bumblebees24

I saw this collection in person yesterday and it is gorgeous! Here's my thought on them:

Single eyeshadows: Pigmentation is ok..the silver has a bit of fallout, the black doesn't apply as nice. I wasn't impressed with any of these I went to another counter to test these out and they are actually nicely pigmented and not so fussy when swatch.

Quad: very pretty. All of the colors are nicely pigmented and beautiful. I like this much better compared to the single eyeshadows.

Lipstick: Definitely fall colors but wearable. Rose Divine and Parisian Attraction are beautiful mid tone pink lips.

Ligploss: All of them are gorgeous especially Sensation for either a MLBB or soft nude lip paired with smokey eye. Even the plum color was very wearable.

Blush: soft, smooth soft cool toned pink.

Nail polish: I love sweet nude out of the 3. These are fairly small bottles in the trio.

Eyeliner/Loose Eyeshadow: I didn't get to see these at the local counter.

I've never really been interested in Lancome but this collection has really impressed me.

Miss QQ

I saw this collection at my counter but the items on display are different. There aren't any nail polishes and ombre magnetique. We have two e/s quads, one of which is Ombre Absolue.

Are the lipsticks in the special silver packaging, or the regular L'Absolu Rouge packaging? The three lipsticks for this collection is in the regular packaging at my counter.

The blush looks beautiful in the pan. However, when I swatched, it is a very dusty mauvey pink that wasn't calling my name.

Overall, I just like one of the lipstick, which looks like the one on Daria, but it only has a number and I don't know if it is the one.

mac_aiken

I have not been able to find the Ombre Magnetiques (the glittery shadows) any where including Lancomes web site and I am dying to get my hands on Cherry Cherie. Does anyone know what is going on with these?

BadBadGirl

I would love to try the Ombre Magnetiques. I have not visited a Lancome counter in years, everything I bought was online. I thought they would have all products available for testing as long as it wasn't sold out. I'll pay more attention now.

I'm in NYC so I'll see if the ombres are out to play with around here.

SmokeSignal16

We haven't even received the Ombre Magnetiques at my store. They showed they shipped but we haven't received them yet. I have no clue what is up with those. BUT I just checked Lancomes site and they are expecting to ship 8/20/2010 so maybe we'll get them this week
shrugs.gif

mac_aiken

I got an email yesterday from Lancome-us.com that the Ombre Magnetiques were back in stock and available to order. By the time I got around to visiting the site the black one was out of stock again. Not a problem for me since I wanted Cherie Cherry. I ordered it using the free shipping code and should have it late next week. I sure hope it lives up to the hype. I've never paid $25 for an e/s single before.

SmokeSignal16

^I wonder if it's because of stock issues we still haven't received ours yet... It's kind of irritating because I wanna see what they look/feel like and so do some of our customers yet we still don't have it! >.<

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
^I wonder if it's because of stock issues we still haven't received ours yet... It's kind of irritating because I wanna see what they look/feel like and so do some of our customers yet we still don't have it! >.<

I am dying to see them IRL. I have heard them described as loose shadows like pigments but that is certainly not what they look like @ Lancome's site. And I don't know how they could be water-resistent/proof if they were loose powders so I think they must be cremes.

Buxom/BE has a new line of creme e/s. I bought a beautiful sparkly black called Black Lab. These really stay put once you apply them. Unfortunately they didn't have a beautiful red like Cherie Cherry.