Laptops

noahlowryfan

I'm planning to get a laptop to go on the net, email, and doing some graphic designs for my website. What laptop would you recommend me to get?

my_adored

I have an ASUS and I love it. They make the parts for MANY other computer companies. That was one of the main reasons I bought it from them. I hear bad things about Dell all the time. Wouldn't suggest Dell...

LMD84

i would go for a sony vaio eb series laptop. they are 15.4'' widescreen. they also look really nice and rarely go wrong. the base model sounds like it would be fine for you, teh models up have blu ray drives and dedicated graphics cards.

personally although i have had a mac before the ibooks are stupidly expencive for the spec and not worth it.

noahlowryfan

Since I know you have to purchase a graphics software individually, I'm might be leaning towards a PC. I already have a graphics software that is not compatible for Mac and I don't want to spend $800 for Photoshop CS4. I like the Mac because it is easy to use but I don't want to spend over two thousand dollars just to buy Mac and Photoshop CS4 and on top of that spend over $300 just for their Applecare just in case something goes wrong. I don't like the PC because of Windows 7. I heard bad things about it. I don't want to spend money just to downgrade it to a Vista.

My sister has the iBook G4 for when she was in college and has no problems with it. Since they don't sell any more iBook G4, I'm contemplating if the newer Macs are any good. Some people said theirs break down after a year and I don't want to spend all that money for it to just break down.

I'm leaning towards buying a Sony Viao but not sure which one. So if anyone of you have a Sony Viao, which one do you have and do you like it? Something under $1000 and that includes tax.

MACPixie

I have a Dell and I love it. Yes, I've had problems with it. I have an extended warranty. I have a problem, I send it to Dell, they return it with new parts, free of charge.
Over the course of 4 years I've needed a new hard drive, my screen was replaced twice (the first replacement was faulty) and new video cards. I've never paid a dime for service and it runs great now.
This is considering I am rather hard on my computer, it goes on a 40 min bus commute daily, is turned on and off in classes, runs on battery then ac etc, gets dragged out in -40 degree Canadian winters etc.