Large eBay Brush sets

Nadeshda

Hi
smiles.gif

So, I don't have a lot of makeup brushes and most of the ones I have are crap lol I was thinking of getting a big brush set to expand my collection, and there are plenty of big sets on ebay for a cheap price (don't worry, I'm not thinking of ordering supposedly MAC, Chanel or BB brushes, I'm talking about generic ones). I can't spend a lot of money on one MAC brush and I don't have any Sephora around. Coastal Scents is not an option, after I've seen how they treat they costumers and Crown Brushes has ridiculous prices to Europe, last I've seen... Has anyone ordered this kind of sets from eBay and can let me know of their experience? Do they shed a lot, do they work well?

mac_arp4ever

i ordered a pink goat hair set...i liked them i still use them to apply paintpots and pigments...they are a little rough on the eye though...i just pat my eyelid with them...the face brushes i didn't like...i felt like the powder went all over...maybe you can find the eco-tools brushes...heard those were good...do u have loreal hip around you? the pigment brushes (they are little and come in the pack) are awesome!! u can also by paint brushes as well (loew-cornell is good) some are pretty soft..

Nadeshda

metal_romantic

I have looked through listings for many of the generic brush sets available to eBay (Australia) and I would advise you to be wary. Check feedback as I noticed that many customers complained about poor quality. Also if you get a kit with a lot of brushes in it you may find that not many of them are useful to you.
Here is a 9 brush set by ELF (eyes lips face)
Professional Make Up Brush Set

I have their eyeshadow brush and it's great! I tried a couple of other brushes that weren't as good but for the price I imagine the set would be great to start out with! Then I'd recommend adding other brushes one by one, for example a kabuki brush, from different brands and that way you know you will get use out of every brush you own. This way you can also replace particular brushes from the set with better ones over time if you don't like them and in the meantime you will still have something usable to tide you over.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif