Lash curler: torture instrument or harmless?

capmorlovesmac

I am very happy with my lashes but with some mascaras they don't curl that much and I would like to try the lash curler by mac. I am very careful with anything that comes too close to my eyes. I don't wear contact lenses because of that. Putting them in my eyes would freak my out. And use a liner on my upper waterline is impossible too because my eyes immediately shut.
My eyes are so anxious!
ssad.gif

So how are your experiences with the lash curler? I am afraid that my head turns and I tear out all my lashes. Am I paranoid?
greengrin.gif

smexiebinks

lol you are not paranoid! If you do it too close then you might hurt your upper eye lid. However, I don't think it's the case for you because I have faith in you!
smiles.gif

What kind of curler? A normal one? A heated lash curler? I don't know about the MAC curler....I have never tried it.

As long as you are careful, I'm more than positive you'll be fine. If anything semi-close one eye (the one which you're going to curl your lashes) and have the other one wide open so you can see what you're doing.

That's how I started off when I was 13. I was only allowed to curl my lashes but not use mascara...hahaha
smiles.gif

Hope this helps and I hope I didn't scare you.

GlamYOURUs

Ardell's heating lash curler IS THE BEST for such a low price. I just recently discovered it and it works really well. I hate the old school ones now with a passion. They have pulled and tugged my lashes for the longest time.

Kiss and Makeup

I've had my fair share of eyelash curlers, from cheap-o's from the drug store to the one I'm using now, which I love. As long as you make sure you have clean, dry lashes, you'll be fine. Some people curl their lashes after they put on mascara, but I'm so afraid my eyelashes will break. I've never broken any or ripped any out.

The best one I've found is the one I'm currently using, and it's by shu uemura. It's hand-bent to fit your eye. I've pinched my eyelid with others - which is about as painful as it sounds - but I haven't with this one, even when I'm right against my eyelid.

I'm SO clumsy, and half the time I'm not paying that close of attention, and nothing's happened. It's good to be cautious, it's your frickin' eye! I think you'll be fine and you'll love the results
smiles.gif

abbey_08

i curl mine after mascara, always have done but iv got really strong lashes but i wouldnt recommend it. eyelash curlers are harmless, sometimes you mite pinch your eyelid but its pretty hard to hurt your eye or pull out lashes with them. heated ones might be best to try because they are a bit softer than metal ones.

Susanne

I bought a cheap lash curler from dm drogeriemarkt. I really like it, it is easy to use and I never lost one lash b/c of it
winks.gif

I curl them before applying mascara.

capmorlovesmac

Thanks for all your recommendations!
I'll try to find a good heating lash curler here in Germany (is there any here Susanne?) first and look how that works. If it isn't strong enough I'll try the regular torture looking one (and be extra careful with it)
smiles.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I bought a cheap lash curler from dm drogeriemarkt. I really like it, it is easy to use and I never lost one lash b/c of it
winks.gif

I curl them before applying mascara.

winks.gif
I hope I would be so lucky. But I know my eyes!
wondering.gif
They sometimes just shut while I am applying fluidline with a really innocent brush and leave funny lines over just finished e/s
ssad.gif
nonono.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Yay thank you! I will try that the second it is back in stock. In pink of course!
yahoo.gif

I think about getting it as well. In pink of course
winks.gif