LashBlast RANT

sasse142

Argh I usually have luck w/ Covergirl mascaras but this one truly sux! I'm so upset. I decided to go buy lashblast since my 3months were up for my MAC mascara. I decided to go w/ covergirl since i have no time for a trip to MAC. I applied lashblast and it kept flaking all day, i even had occassions when pieces of flakes fell in my eye - argh. Then i go home and removed it and my lashes feel very rough/dry.

I do not recommend this mascara...

Sorry for the random ranting...

dominichulinda

I was upset about too ..but then I tried it again ..and it was love...maybe you had a bad one..if that make sense :/ <3

NicksWifey

The first time I used CG Lash Blast, I HATED it! It took a couple of weeks for me to actually like it. I started using it with a lash primer and TA-DA, it seemed to do the trick! It quickly became my HG mascara of this year!
I've already went through 2 tubes of the regular formula so last week when I ran out, I decided to purchase the waterproof formula, since sometimes I do have little flakes by the end of the day and I have times when my eyes tend to tear up from contacts. Well let me just tell you, the waterproof is HORRIBLE! I've been using it for a week now, with and without primer and it still stinks. It's a clumpier version of the original Lash Blast and seems to take longer to dry. It always seems like the tube itself is "sweating" on the inside (LOL, if that makes sense!) and it's just a very wet mascara in general.

Sushi.

hmm odd as i personally will only use lashblast, it stays put and it makes my lashes look huge. I love it. by far my favorite mascara that Ive ever used.

aziajs

It never flakes on me either.
shrugs.gif
LashBlast is one of my favorites.

GlamQueen21

The Lashblast never flaked on me. I went through one tube and I have 3 of them (two regular and one waterproof) for backup in case that my MAC Plushlash mascara will have the 3 months up next month.

minakokanmuri

yeah, i agree that the original is better than the waterproof. The waterproof def tends to clump more. With the lashblast mascara, usually it takes a few times of use to get it nice. Like, the first times I used the mascara it clumped bad. But then I guess that was kind of getting rid of the excess on the brush and the next applications turned out better. Give it another shot, or, as has been already said, it could be a bad batch.

MzzRach

Wow, I am so sorry. I am seriously in love with LashBlast - I use the original, non-waterproof formula. Builds my lashes quickly and no smearing or flaking.

I know one person's holy grail mascara is another's total nightmare. I am sorry for your bad experience.

jdechant

Another one for loving lashblast mascara...since I spend sooo much money on other makeup, this is one of the drugstore brands that I can say I LOVE!! I love the wand and the formula, it never flakes on me.

I say bad batch...give it another try down the road
smiles.gif

ashpardesi

Even I hated it when used it for the first time, it appeared too thick and clumpy but after watching enKORE vid on youtube,he suggested to pour 2-3 drops of olive oil to make the consistency a lil bit loose and applicable,coz they can get clumpy and thick during winter.I tried his tip and omg,i wont be buying anyother brand mascara from now on..it separted my lashes,lengthens as well as thickens!

user79

I just HATE the bottle shape! It's so hard to get a good grip on it. I hate gimmicky packaging, just give me a boring tube that I can actually hold well!!

FiestyFemme

I love Lash Blast! I haven't heard of problems flaking, but I have heard complaints about it being hard to remove. I haven't had any problems with it at all! In fact, I'm on my 4th tube so I've been using it about a year, and it's literally all I'll use. I tried Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express (gave into the hype, ugh!), and I just can't like anything else now. I've found it's even better with primer, but I love it with or without. Hate it didn't work for you!

callmestella

My daughter uses it, and loves it. Her eyelashes are quite long, and this stuff makes them crazy long and she hasn't had problems with flaking.

blondemafia76

I think I have the prob you did Nickswiey- I have the waterproof, and I hate hate hate hate hate it. Its too thick and grody.

Maybe I will try the reg formula, but for now I am loving my beauty tuuuuubes.

andicandi3x12

I dislike lashblast, alot. I got no results whatsoever and I actually find the consistency thin. I have super long and thick lashes and this mascara just makes them pin straight, while normally I dont ever need to curl them. This mascara wont hold a curl, takes forever to apply and build up. I thought it was just me but I really tried to make it work and use the whole tube and I hate it. I went back to my favorite mascaras ever which are both by loreal who I feel makes the best drugstore mascara.

Sorry guys I agree with the original poster.

pinktraits

I can't get Lashblast to work for me either. Maybe my lashes are too thick or something, but it just makes them clump up and look spidery. I tried washing the brush and trying again, nope, still utter crap for me. The brush is also just difficult towork with period. Meh, oh well, thankfully it was paid for by someone else for me so I'm not out anything. >_^

MissMochaXOXO

I find it works better if you lightly wipe the wand with a tissue. All mascaras usually go on better that way though. But it def. clumps if I don't wipe it because it pulls out too much mascara!