lasting makeup

straycat

okay so i had two questions-

whenever i go to concerts, i always want to do my makeup all fun, but by the end of the night it looks like crap. i see some girls after and they look perfectly fine. any tips on making my makeup last in... difficult situations ie. heat and sweat?

and also on a daily basis i wear eyeliner on my waterline blended a little bit into my bottom eyelashes. but it keeps on smudging into a little spot right on the outside of my eyes. i use a stick but i was wondering if anyone knew what i could do differently or such. maybe powder or some product that would set it and stop it from smudging.

thanks gals!

caffn8me

Liquidlast eyeliners stay exactly where you put them until you use something like cleanse off oil. They're quite incredible but I wouldn't use them on the waterline. For a lasting waterline try a powerpoint pencil or a fluidline liner.

Rockell

I have that smudging problem when I tightline too, but only when I apply it. I usually wipe it away then and I don't have any problems after it dries. I use the Fluidlines.

For the rest of your eye makeup, try a primer!! Urban Decay Primer Potion is a great one. To make my blush last longer, I layer cream and powder blushes. My favorite long lasting foundation is ERA.

Esperanza

Try the fluidlines, they are amazing!
I use to wear Blacktrack and it lasts forever, even after a restaurant + a crazy dancing night until 5 am! I'm always impressed by their long-lasting formula
eyelove.gif

straycat

yeah i've heard about the primer. im kind of cheap so i was hoping maybe a chaper alternative to the urban decay one? oh well i might as well splurge.

and the mac fluidline i've been considering too, no one's had problems with it smudging?

caffn8me

Once fluidline is dry, it simply won't smudge. Go to your nearest M·A·C counter and put some on the back of your hand with a 266 brush in a fine line. Wait about a minute to make sure it's really dry and then try to smudge it.

You really shouldn't use the primer on the waterline.

CrimsonCountess

I love the fluidlines and have NEVER had them smudge once I have applied and allowed to dry. The best part is they come of pretty easily with my regular facial cleanser.

bellaetoile

for face: prep and prime skin as a foundation primer, foundation, with some form of powder over it, and then a couple sprays of fix plus.

for eyes: base with urban decay primer potion, and a shadestick or paint in a coordinationg color as your eyeshadow. the use of both UDPP and the shadestick always makes my makeup last FOREVER, even during shows, almost to a point where its hard to get off at night, lol.

for liner: blacktrack fluidline, with carbon shadow over it, or liquidlast liners, which stay on forever.

for lips: prep and prime lip primer, fill in your lips with a pencil lipliner either in a nude color, or in a color similar, or one shade darker, to your lipstick/lipglass. lipstick applied with a lip brush, over lip liner usually works for me. gloss tends to be stickier and for some reason, it just wears off when i wear it to shows. also, check out the pro longwears. they don't budge, if applied correctly.

straycat

okay so i bought both the fluidline and primer potion (along with way too much today, ouch) so i'll let you know soon how well it worked for me. thanks everyone!

sweetmelissa

When I was young and would go out dancing I used this trick to make my lipstick last all night even through drinking and smoking: I would apply lipstick and blot, then apply a little powder over that (pressed worked best for me but loose will work too) and then I'd reapply lipstick. Now-your lips will probably feel a little dry from the powder but your lipstick will not move! I haven't tried it with gloss so I'm not sure how that would go.

sigwing

For foundation, sometimes I'll mix a little mineral powder foundation into my liquid foundation & it seems to stay better, or use a creme powder to set it. Also, I've had eyeshadow stay forever by using MAC Paints for a base. And then lipstick, it's not fancy, but the Endless Kissable by L'Oreal, I don't usually use the clear gloss on top, but the lipstick stays on ALL DAY when I put it on in the morning getting ready for work. I don't need lipstick the rest of the day. I do use a liner tho, a MAC cremestick usually.

maxcat

MAC paint in a corresponding skintone under your eyeshadow. I use it every time I need to do "industrial makeup" - particularly in the dog days of gross humid summers.

straycat

so girls just want to say thanks. i wore the potion and fludline and they bth held up great. plus i was at work and i work at a pt store lifting dog food and other ish like that. so i woked great.

thanks!