Late period, but negetive preggo test?

BloodMittens

Hellllo, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I have a irregular period, most of the time I'm on a 36 day schedule but sometimes it surprises me and shows up early. So, in December, I had my period on the 10th, and then SURPRISE! January, it came on the 6th, which was a little odd, because it's always "late" to me. And it was almost two weeks long. Then, I waited for it to come in February, and... it never came. Not in the WHOLE month.

Now, I had intercourse on the 15th, and the 19th but we used a condom both times (I know sometimes that doesn't matter, because there's still a chance) so I took a pregnancy test anyways on the 28th. And I took one again today, and both times it was negative.

Now I'm getting worried... because it's been two whole months without a period, I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all so I'm not worried about that as much as something wrong with me and my babymaker D: !

A lot of people say that being sick can throw your menstrual cycle off, and I've had a cold since February 15th that won't go away.

I don't know, if anyone has any advice or anything, it would be very helpful. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have insurance right now... but apparently Illinois has a "pink" card? So I'm going to look into that. Any help or help easing my mind would be very helpful
smiles.gif

THANKS GIRLS!

User93

Oh girl I'm in the same boat! The condom broke, and I took the next day pill. Then, 2 weeks after I took the pill I had my period the time I was supposed to, though it was shorter a little. I mad a pregnancy test, and both were negative. And now I'm not getting a period too! Just a little spotting. I went to see the doctor, the said I'm not pregnant, but my period is not coming! And Im scared! I think your period can be messed up because of the cld, I had a cold too by the way! Hopefully everything will be good, let's just relax, chill, and wait for the period to come
smiles.gif

BloodMittens

Thanks! I'm really trying to... but even though I have a irregular period, I've never had one THIS late before except almost a year ago... and I didn't have one for all of December D: I hope it comes soon, I know some girls go without one for months at a time.

But, we'll see. I hope it's just the cold and not another problem D:

xxManBeaterxx

Ahh.. i know the feeling of being late for your period.. before i took birth control my cycle was every 30 days, on the dot, once i was 2 weeks late.. and the more i kept stressing about it the later my period came.

The only advice i can offer is.. wait :\ or spend the extra cash getting a pregnancy blood exam at a planned parenthood in your area, its pretty inexpensive. Cuz at this stage only a blood exam can determine if your pregnant

Its way to early to take a pregnancy test doll. At the earliest you should take it is the 15th of this month, it also has to be one of those first response pregnancy exams and even that still might be a little too early. Also pregnancy symptoms begin around 5th - 7th week of pregnancy. The embryo doesnt attach itself to the uterus until the 2nd or 3rd week of pregnancy, normally you get spotting when this happens.

I know its sooo hard, but try not to stress about it, the more stressed out you are the later it will come
ssad.gif

Mamalicious

My first pregnancy was discovered when I was 6 months pregnant. You might think wtf are you that FAT but no, I was always kinda looking like i had an eating disorder (i was around 50kilo's and 1.68 tall)
But I had my period every month sometimes even twice a month :s
Since the birth of my son my period is more irrigular then it was..
Now i'm sometimes bleeding the whole month and sometimes it doesnt show up for 2 months.. ( every month I buy a test because i'm trying to be pregnant)
I dont know how everything works in the USA, but you should see a doctor.. Or just wait, sometimes stress can do bad things to your body.

laguayaca

Just relax and I know its hard i have the opposite problema take manbeaters advice ...very good advice i might add! You can always try to look stuff up on webmd or something best of luck keep us posted!

Girl about town

have you lost a lot of weight recently or anything as that can make you miss periods!!!
if its not here in another week or two get down to your doctors for a blood test!!

BEA2LS

This has happened to me, i did not get it for months! and negative tests (this was before i was on birth control, now i am pretty regular). i went to the doctor and the doctor suspected my stress and worrying over this was what was taking its toll on me (i have a very low tolerance to stress and anxiety). i was put on the pill and it has been regular ever since. there are many things that could affect it, the best thing for you to do is stay calm and relax though i know how impossible that sounds. if you can get to a clinic or doctor it really might ease your mind.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
have you lost a lot of weight recently or anything as that can make you miss periods!!!
if its not here in another week or two get down to your doctors for a blood test!!

Well... now that you mention it, I've dropped about 7lbs since I've been sick. But I also now remember that in the middle of January I was having a hard time with some family issues because my grandma died... and the stress with that. It's been a really weird two months. :/ But I'm going to wait a few more weeks, if nothing comes up, and I'm still having negative results with a pregnancy test. Then I think I'm going to get the "pink" card and go to the doctor.

MissResha

man o man.

i am QUEEN of the Late Rag.

I had my period in September of last year. The day I went to see Obama in VA. That was the last time I had it. Then, CONVENIENTLY on Valentines day of THIS year, it showed up. I was taking pregnancy tests almost every week. Nothing.

Talk about stress.

So just know, you are not alone. Although I did finally get it, it took MONTHS to show up. and it was one of the most painful periods i've ever had in my life. I could have cried the cramps were so bad.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
man o man.

i am QUEEN of the Late Rag.

I had my period in September of last year. The day I went to see Obama in VA. That was the last time I had it. Then, CONVENIENTLY on Valentines day of THIS year, it showed up. I was taking pregnancy tests almost every week. Nothing.

Talk about stress.

So just know, you are not alone. Although I did finally get it, it took MONTHS to show up. and it was one of the most painful periods i've ever had in my life. I could have cried the cramps were so bad.

Uh oh... now you're scaring me with thoughts of painful periods
cutey.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
im sorry babe, i dont mean to. but just in case you do, load up on motrin lol

I'll definitely do that
smiles.gif
Thanks for the head's up though!

Maybe it's all my weight loss, sickness and stress that's been getting to me. Matched with my worry about my period that's making my period late?

Enchantedcameo

I had this problem to. It's more than likely stress, or your hormones. At the beginning of you cycle your body builds up the estrogen which cause the lining of your uterus to thicken incase of a pregnancy. After you ovulate the follicle that released the egg turns into a corpus luteum which produces progesterone. After so many days the egg of course dies and around the same corpus luteum also dies to start preparing for the next cycle. Once it dies the progesterone and estrogen levels should fall back down, which will trigger you to have a period. Sometimes the estrogen levels wont go back down and you wont have a period. It should correct itself, if not then you should go to your doctor.

Amber*Christine

When I went off the pill I missed my period for THREE monthes, I was freaked out too, but everything turned out okay...guess maybe it had something to do w/ hormones??

ImMACnificent

Holy cow I just posted a thread SO similar to this one, it's frightening.

Did your period ever show up?

I took a preg. test and it was negative (but very faint) and it worried me. I have no symptoms either and am almost one complete month late.

BloodMittens

No, I never got my period yet. I'm not sure why, but my doctor said basically I have to "wait" because I might just be hitting a tough spot in my life with all the stress and everything. He told me to exercise a little more, and most likely it was because of my weight gain that my period went MIA. But I am not pregnant... so it's weird.

ImMACnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
No, I never got my period yet. I'm not sure why, but my doctor said basically I have to "wait" because I might just be hitting a tough spot in my life with all the stress and everything. He told me to exercise a little more, and most likely it was because of my weight gain that my period went MIA. But I am not pregnant... so it's weird.

At least you have some kind of answer, hun.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
At least you have some kind of answer, hun.

That's true
ssad.gif
I just really hope my babymaker is STILL working.

Latest posts