Laura M. silk creme Foundation --help!!

Pinkish*RED

Hey guys I tried this foundation twice and the first time I tried it i fell in love! It was amazing but the shade was too dark (sand beige) I am usually in between an NC25-30 and when I checked online the swatches were really bad so I bought my second shade too pale (beige ivory) the only other two shades in between I'm guessing are medium ivory and bamboo beige (which look so similar on the LM website!) on the sephora website the swatches are horrible so I don't know what to choose?

ps. if anyone has tried this foundation do you find different shades have a diff. consistency? (the pale one was much harder to work with and thicker??)

User38

I use this foundation in the peach ivory mixed with the beige ivory. I use it for special promotional work that I do and also for night when I go dancing -- I wore it for my wedding day too (my 2nd wedding!). It is wonderful, holds up perfectly and is waterproof. I have not found the consistencies any different from one color to the other. I am an NC15 or less for reference.

I would try the medium ivory as from my recollection the bamboo is about an NC4 level.

cazgh

Hi there - I use the silk cream in ivory and I bought it mid way through a course of Roaccutane (anti acne medication). It was perfect at the time - but when I finished the course the consistency just didn't work for my face anymore. Anyhow I can now get it to look ok - for best effect I use a damp cosmetic sponge which gives me good coverage but keeps it kind of sheer or I can use a brush to get a thicker cover.

I tried to mix it with the LM primer to thin it a little and make it easier to work with - I watched an artist at the Nars counter and he mentioned that you could do this with the Nars foundation to make a tinted moisturiser but it didnt work with the silk cream at all. I have the Bobby Brown skin foundation and Chanel pro lumiere and the Laura Mercier is definately better for me than the others. I haven't tried any of the other shades so I couldn't tell you if the consistency is any different between the shades.

Hope this helps - just to give you some more feedback
smiles.gif

KYBankerGirl

I wear the lightest shade of LM silk creme some days and I will say the color that comes out of the tube and the color that is on my face once I get finished with the pea-sized (and that's being generous) amount are not the same color. I think this foundation is a little tricky because I've looked at it in the event that I may get a little darker and it looks to me like the undertone of the foundation actually changes rather than the color - that really made no sense, and I'm not pro, but on her site it references whether there is a pink or yellow or neutral undertone between the shades. I love her illuminating tinted moisturizer (stay away from the oil-free! if you are blemish prone), but it might be a great mix in if the consistency is thick. I travelled to Colorado and my tube was all messed up and I unfortunately lost some product, so now I have to shake the tube pretty good and reconstitute with some moisturizer to get it to do what I need it to - it could just be that you got a bad tube. I love LM foundation - I'll always have silk creme in my arsensal. :) Let us know what you figure out?

loliver

I'm about an NC30 in Mac and I wear the Beige Ivory in the Winter when my skin is paler and I wear the Sand Beige when I am very tan. I usually mix the two if I need to but I plan on purchasing the Medium Ivory to wear when I am in between. I too had difficulty deciding between the Medium Ivory and the Bamboo Beige when I tested them at Sephora. From what I could tell, the Bamboo is pretty close to the Sand Beige but it is a more neutral shade (Sand has more yellow undertones). I'm leaning towards the Medium Ivory because I think it truly is the in between shade for Beige Ivory and Sand Beige...it is a bit lighter than the Bamboo Beige. This is such an amazing foundation that I would not mind purchasing two shades and mixing to get my perfect color. I find the consistency to be the same for both shades.