Laura Mercier Foundations...

Incus

Does anyone know the difference between her oil-free foundation and the creme silk foundation?

Have any of you guys used both? What do you think is better?

I've already got a bottle of the oil-free foundation, but I'm just wondering what's the difference between the creme-silk and whether it's worth me getting a tube of that.

Thanks in advance girlies!

Katgirl625

I love the silk creme foundation! It's fabulous.

There are big differences between the two. The oil free comes in a glass jar, and is much more "liquidy" - the creme is just that, a cream, that spreads evenly and smooth. It's fantastic. It gives an awesome coverage, medium to heavy, but it FEELS lightweight, at least for me. If I use the LM foundation primer under it, and the LM translucent powder over it, I get budge free makeup all day long. That stuff doesn't move even the tiniest bit!

The LM s/a's are usually pretty generous with samples - just let them know that you use the oil free, but are interested in the silk creme. There is one major drawback to the silk creme, and it is that it was a recently launched product, and it doesn't come in the hugest variety of shades. But I honestly think it's far superior to the oil free. Hope this is helpful!

Incus

Yeah, that was pretty helpful.
smiles.gif
Thanks Katgirl!

You say that the coverage is medium-heavy... it wont look too obvious? will it? cos that's something I'm worried about.

Thanks in advance
greengrin.gif

pinkfeet

I thought the cream silk was very oily feeling...def get a sample if you can...I need to have heavier coverage and thought I would love this foundation and hated it...I actually preferred the oil free if I had to choose.

Incus

well, I got a couple of samples, and I can see where you are coming from with the "oily feeling". But to be honest I didnt think it was too bad (I sprayed on some fix+ and then used MAC blot powder on top) and that "oily look" disappeared completely
smiles.gif
Instead I looked all polished! Only problem I'm finding is getting a match
ssad.gif
I told the guy at the counter that in the oil free I'm "sunny beige" and that "vanilla beige" looked WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too orange on me. So he gave me a sample of cachew beige and hazelnut beige (silk creme), so I go home to try it on and they both look darker than the vanila beige in oil free, great.

Although they do look dark, I did like the finish and it covered my redmarks perfectly. So I'm thinking should I just go up to the counter and get "bambo beige"?

Here's the web site showing the colour range: http://www.lauramercier.com/products...me_foundation/

What do you all think?

Edited to add:
I'm NC25/C3 in MAC foundations and sunny beige with LM if that helps at all?!

Latest posts