Laura Mercier Loveliness

OldSoulsBody

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I feel the need to tell everyone how much I LOOOOVE Laura Mercier.

We did a show with some of her MA's at Nordstrom over the weekend. One of the perks of doing this was gratis makeup. So, they hooked me up with foundation, powders, blushes, glosses and something called "secret finish". I am in loooove. They were doing makeovers on women in their 40s and 50s and all of them had the most flawless looking faces. Apparently, Mercier is known for that flawless skin look. Well, her stuff makes me look like a porcelain doll. Since I got my first haul for free, I have no idea what her products cost but I don't care. I am officially a follower.

I still love MAC, though. I now have two product lines to worship. Good thing my obsession is big enough to accomodate them both.

pugmommy7

droooool! you are a lucky duck!

I am always pining after her stuff but have yet to try any.
did you use the eye brightener,"secret brightener" that stuff looks awesome!

I would love to play with it sometime when i don't have the kids w/ me at the mall
smiles.gif

Janice

I enjoy Laura's products but her new foundation really dissapointed me. After wearing it for a couple weeks I could just tell it's made for older women with dry, thin skin. I wish I could find a foundation I really like.
ssad.gif

scarletoliver

I am using Laura Mericier Foundation and translucent powder and i absolutely love it!!!

It gives a natural glow to my face.

I think a good foundation is very impt to the overall look. So its good to invest in a good one.

panties

i got a laura mercier skin cream with spf as a christmas present and it's so great during the day =D

Katgirl625

I love the LM stuff as well...although, I tend to use her stuff for basics, and go back to Mac for all of my color.

The bitten glosses are fun though, and she's got a mosaic brick that is similar in concept to the BB shimmerbricks.

I have three different formulations of her foundation - tinted moisturizer, oil free foundation, and silk creme foundation.

The tinted moisturizer is nice for a lazy day - saturdays running around after the gym. The oil free is great for every-day at the office. The silk creme is a way heavier coverage, and I'll use that for events or if I'm planning on going out. This stuff doesn't budge. Especially if set with the translucent powder.

The translucent powder really is a difference maker though - it's amazing stuff!

tiff

I have LM loose powder, Nectar Blush, Bare Beige lip glace, eggplant cake liner, Secret Finish, eye concealer and a couple of brushes. Love them all
smiles.gif

Tabby

I love laura mercier's cake liner. They are very long lasting, they last way longer than mac fluidlines. Her brow powder is very nice too. I've been using it for years.

pale blue

I loved Laura Mercier for years, the products really do make your skin look flawless. I really like the new Silk Creme foundation, I don't think it's really made for dry skin since there is a bit of silicone in it and it's not too moisturizing. I do like the fact you only need a tiny amount and it's full coverage.

I absolutely adore the body care line, Creme Brulee body creme is wonderful, albeit expensive
cry.gif

I'm also excited to try the new oil free tinted moisturizer, I might pick one up today. She also has a new oil free foundation primer, but I'm happy with my Smashbox for now.

nines

I have number of Laura Mercier products:

Oil Free Liquid Foundation, Secret Brightening Powder, Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent, Blushes in Nectar and Blushing Apple and Lip Glace in Rose Blush.

I love them so much!!!

Ms. Z

Laura Mercier

Thanks for the information; I'm going to try them the next time I need foundation, concealer & powder. Do you have any before & after pics?

kare31

Has anyone watched the Laura Mercier Flawless Face video? It's for sale on her website for $20, and i was wondering if it had any useful application tips.

I love her Foundation Powder. Portable, good-coverage, and doesnt look cakey.

d_flawless

obviously i favor MAC because it's more edgy and i'm in love with the quality/selection, but merciers is THE skin genius. she doesn't have to cake it on to cover and you're right, she can make even a 50-yr old w/ "aged" skin (AKA, sun spots, fine lines, w/e) look radiant. if skin is the backdrop to looking perfect, then i def. take her seriously!