Lavender Sky e/s

blueyedlady87

Ok, so I bought the Culturebloom collection yesterday at MAC. I love (most) of it. My problem is Lavender Sky. This is supposed to be a Veluxe Pearl (aka the preferred finish). Mine is awful. There is literally no color pay-off. And after only one use it has developed a thick layer on top, (like when oil gets onto your powder compact). Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking I should just write to MAC for a refund, since I've already tossed the box and I can't return it. :/

Shawna

Weird, mine goes on just like any VP. What kind of base were you using with it? It sounds like you got a dud. I'd try taking it back to the counter and showing them what happened. I've returned stuff without boxes before and it wasn't a problem.

glittergoddess27

Shawna's right,.. you may have gotten a dud,.. I get pretty good color payoff on mine as well. Though Lavendar Sky is a lighter color so it is not gonna jump off your face,.. I use it over frostlite a lot to get it to really pop. I don't use CCB's to base out too often becuase they are creamier and sometimes I will get a coating like you describe on top of my shadows after using them with CCB's. My MAC will take it back without a box so long as you have a receipt.

2_pink

I noticed the whole layer thing on mine too...just a little bit though, i gently scraped it off with my nail. But i just layer it a few times and i get the color i want.

brandi

hmm... i just used mines today so maybe you should scrape off a little layer or just exchange it for a new one! but to get more color pat it on w/ 252 brush

blueyedlady87

Well, I use Bare Canvas as a base and the 252 and 242. So I'm thinking I just got a dud. My Petal Pusher lustreglass was messed up too. The bristles were all glues together still, and they scratched my lips. So I wrote to MAC, we'll see what they say. My MACys has a really strict no return w/o original box policy. I tried to take back a foundation that an MA picked that was sooo wrong, and they wouldn't even let me.
ssad.gif
Maybe MAC will be kind and send me replacements. *Crosses fingers*

Shawna

Hey, my petal pusher has a broken application wand. It's broken in the middle and kind of telescoped into itself making it short and pretty much useless. I don't want to be without the colour though
ssad.gif

Wontpayretail23

About the broken petal pusher it could be dangerous to use it like that. I'd return it now for a replacement before they sell out.

user4

mine is perfect....... i havent used it yet, but i did try it out on my hand!!!! the color payoff was good from what i saw. and these was nothing on it... i'll double check it when i get home!

blueyedlady87

Petal Pusher is such a pretty color! Mine is still usable, it just scratches my lips a lil. Maybe MAC will be nice and send me replacements! They are taking forever to respond to my e-mail though.

bluegrassbabe

I tried my Lavender Sky out today. I did get a lot of color with it (213 brush over Canton Candy paint), but it didn't go on like a veluxe pearl. The finish of it looked and felt more like a satin. It looked matte, not sort of metallic like the VPs normally do. It did apply well and blended nicely with the other colors, so I really can't complain about it. I thought the color was fantastic, I don't have any similar colors already.
It does seem to be different than the other VP's.

glitch

it could be your brush. Also, I noticed that some MAC eyeshadows are more prone to getting that "oil layer effect" than others. Just make sure your brush is clean.

As far as I know, I had a couple brushes in my lustreglasses that were hard too, this is due to the fact that when they make brand new brushes (any applicator brush) they use starch to keep the bristles together when they are brand new. Just take the brush and some tissue and roll the brush in between your fingers, you should notice that the bristles come apart and become normal and soft again.

quiiknfast

lavender sky

do i REALLY need this color? it looks/sounds alot live stars n rockets [ which i already have ]

is it worth buying?

MACgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
It is a lot like stars and rockets, and it also reminds me of leisuretime

it closely resembles leisuretime (by this i mean ALOT) to me as well, more so than stars n rockets.

quiiknfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
It is a lot like stars and rockets, and it also reminds me of leisuretime

hmm i already have both of those so you dont think i should waste my money on it?

im thinking no =/

Piaqua

If you have both, I would definitely say no... its not like it has pretty packaging like leisuretime does, lol. I would go for the more unique colors in the colection (ie Overgrown and Spring up) if anything. I only bought it because I didn't have Stars and Rockets or Leisuretime at the time (found the last leisuretime at my CCO... YAY)

blueyedlady87

I don't have Stars and Rockets so i cant really compare. But, I have to say I HATED this shadow! The texture, color payoff, it was awful to me. I've heard a few other say the same. i returned it. So i'd definately say no!

quiiknfast

thanks ladies! im placing my order online right now ive decided on

spring up e/s
overgrown e/s
iris print e/s
&& chrome yellow e/s

haha randoom but the counter around me doesnt carry it and when i asked about it the MA looked at me like i seriously had 10 heads.

Piaqua

I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for posting this, lol... I hadn't thought to list my lavendar sky on MUA, but now that I think about it, I really don't need it, and can get something I don't practically have a double of already!
smiles.gif

Latest posts