LE or Permanent: which do you like better?

nadiya

While on Specktra I've noticed there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions about which is better quality - limited edition MAC, or products from their permanent line. So I'd really love to hear everyone's opinions on which they like better, perm products that are always there for us, or those tempting LE items that disappear from the shelves as soon as you fall in love with them.

Or are they about the same for you?

TDoll

As far as quality goes, I think products from both the permanent line and LE items are same. I never really noticed a quality difference. There are things from the LE collections that I absolutely love, however, I'm not going to deprive myself from using them because I think I'll never get it again. I think that because of the wide range of colors in the permanent line, there are always products that are similar. By the time I run out of something, I'm usually in love with something else anyway. That, or MAC comes out with another amazing collection and damn it to hell, the cycle continues...lol.

red

the only difference between the two, is that with the LE, I can't ponder too long if I want it or not
cutey.gif
.. because before you know it, its sold out.

Recently I feel like I'm getting beat up with these collections, one after the other ... I've decided to just keep an eye on the next 2 collections .. otherwise I'll be worrying too ahead of time of where the money is going to come from
winkiss.gif

NicksWifey

I have quite a few LE items, but most of my stash is from permanent MAC items. I find that I don't feel as guilty when I start using the heck out of one of the permanent products whereas I would if I used an LE product constantly. I just don't want to use up something really good and then have to go hunt on eBay and spend lots more money when I want to restock on the LE stuff.
There are a lot of nice LE items like quads and lip colors, but I just find it's easier to me stick with permanent products
winks.gif

FiestyFemme

I like LE collections. I've gotten lots of pretty things from them over the years, and thankfully it takes me a long time to use anything up, so I don't really have to worry about running out. I don't purchase backups either. However, my HG type products tend to be part of the permanent line. It's nice that if I do run out of something (and it does happen once in a blue moon), I can repurchase.

Simply Elegant

Almost everything I've bought from MAC have been from LE collections. I pretty much have everything I want from their permanent collection. I don't mind using up an LE product because I know in another week they'll have something new out that I'll like anyway.

aimee

perm stuff because thats the stuff i need
skincare
bronzer
etc.
LE is just for fun
smiles.gif

twilightessence

You know, I've been trying to keep up with all these collections and I'm pretty new to MAC. So now I've decided I'm going to focus on perm items. Mainly because the next couple collections (and the last few) I've had no interest in. So I figure now is a good time to start getting perm items LOL. And since I'm new to MAC, its all new to me!

rocking chick

I won't be buying as much makeup if not for the LE factor.

Until today, I have been collecting for 15months and 99% of my MAC makeup are LE. Only when there are no LE that catches my attention and I crave to buy MAC for too long, then will I turn to permanent line. So far from permanent line I had only bought - Giddy,Angel,Plink,Half n Half (lipsticks) and Beautiful Iris,All that Glitters,Satellite Dreams (eyeshadows),Black Track fluidline and Graph Black Technokohl liner. I love pretty makeup with pretty casing,so LE definately works for me.

Also when I see my HG from the LE collections, I will definately buy a no. of backups eg. the Flashtronic MES & MSF, Light Flush MSF and DressCamp Palette.

LMD84

i prefer the permanent stuff purely because i'm not disspaointed when i need to re-buy and don't see why i should bulk buy the limited stuff (i'm not that rich and glosses and such go off)

and to be honest most stuff in the limited edition collections you can find very similar colours in the perm line.

littleinkpot

Permanent for me! I don't have the need for a massive makeup collection simply because I wear mainly neutrals and I know what suits me and what doesn't. If I went for more colourful eyes or experimented more with looks I'd go a lot more for the LE collections for the variety factor. Having said that I still jump at the stuff I genuinely like from LE collections but I'd never buy something just coz it's "now or never", there's always something really similar that will come out a few months later. About 80% of my MAC is permanent, most LE stuff I own is lip stuff.

I love that Spektra gives us previews so I can budget months in advance for when that rare LE collection comes out that I just LOVE and want heaps of.

panda0410

The only things I stock up on are pigments and lipsticks so I often buy backups if they are LE. I get a bit ticked when I cant buy again the things I truly love - I fell in love with Strawbaby from Fafi and I swear it should be perm, its the most wearable casual red ever for everyday use. And thanks to a very lovely lady and special friend I also have a back-up of Sweet Sienna pigment
smiles.gif
Now these things are past and in a few months I will be looking for replacements for Strawbaby and there wont be one (loathe ebay for LEs.....), and since I do use my pigments and have been through full jars I know there will come an end to my Sweet Sienna as well. If these sorts of items were perm most definitely perm would be the way, unfortunately a LOT of MACs nicest items are LE, Queen's Sin is a good example, but not nearly enough of the nicest things are perm items so the LE trend continues.
Its fair to say that *most* of my lipsticks are LE, but I do have some faves, Ramblin Rose, MAC Red and Lady Bug are all perm. My pigments are a mix since I have almost all the regular colours already its just the new ones I keep buying unless I need a replacement perm colour.

AudreyNicole

I have alot more LE in my collection than permanent, but that's only because at the rate MAC releases LE collections, I don't have enough cash after I haul from the new collections to buy from the permanent line. That being said, some of very favorite things, and all of the things I hit the pan on are permanent. I have hit the pan on Pink Swoon and Blushbaby Blush, and Nylon eyeshadow. I also have a made a very good sized dent in Vanilla pigment. Oh, and I am almost done Blacktrack Fluidline. That being said, I also have lots of LE loves, including my MSFs, tendertones, Dazzleglass (that will be permanent thank goodness) and Your Ladyship pigment
smiles.gif

Ithica

I used to wait for collections to come out and knew what I'd be buying. Since having to save for things and the big move out I havn't been able to spend so much. I know that some of it LE may crop up again the future and I can usually find something pretty close. If I HAVE to have it then I will but I've started to pass up alot of the collections.

redambition

while there are a lot of LE items i adore, at the end of the day i prefer the permanent line. There are so many beautiful colours in there, and it gets so easy to overlook them because of all the LE hype.

reesesilverstar

I'll hafta go with perm. Most of my stuff also comes from there, and the color selection is quite extensive. The LE's are real pretty tho...

flowerhead

Definately pernament. LE stuff is fun, but I couldn't be without my Taupe lipstick, Smolder khol and Pressed powder!

Shaquille

I like it when the LE's have special packagings.
I love permanents though, so I don't need to worry on running out of any e/s colors or pigments.. I'm a color freak!!

zuiahiah99

i like le because its like something extra to add to your perm stuff. when i go to the counter and look at the same stuff i get bored with it.