Leaving Lancôme for Chanel prematurely?

rougeinlove

I have worked for a well known makeup store for the past year, and 4 months ago I was hired at a Lancôme counter (I'm a guy), and it's been nice and all, but the counter manager at our Chanel counter came up to me and said she would really want me for her part time position that just opened up, I'm confused! Would it be unprofessional to leave a counter (my first counter job) so soon? I like Lancôme but I really like Chanel and their products, primarily their skincare and foundations! Any opinions would be appreciated

rougeinlove

I didn't, I figured that it wouldn't look good if I was jumping around from job to job within a period of months, I love Lancôme and feel like I need to dedicate a good amount of time and effort and establish myself before I move on from it

alishahanif

I am sure once you have spent at least a year at Lancome, you will be able to progress to something like Chanel! I am starting with YSL Beauty next week and super nervous, first make up counter job!

Coz MUA

I worked for Lancome for years and really enjoyed working for them, i now work for mac which was my goal, sometimes its good to settle into a job and gain your experience, goodluck