Les Essentiels de Chanel - Fall 2012

katred

Specktra Bestie
So I picked up Complice and Caractere, both of which are stunning. Review/ look/ swatches here:

making faces :: class is always in fashion with coco

Today I got to a counter that still had Rose Initiale. Although I really wanted to buy a whole lot more, I limited myself to the blush. I still think I have to go back for Eclaire and Furtif... And possibly Sweet Beige, which I tried on and which works pretty well on me...

I can't wait to try RI- can you believe this is my FIRST Chanel blush???? Actually, I almost bought Rose Ecrin and Espeigle at the same time, because they both look beautiful...

MACina

I finally got my major haul from the fall collection today
yahoo.gif

I got Lumiere d`Artifices Beiges,Troublant,Caractere and Vertigo.....love everything
bigheart.gif

Only Rose Initiale is still missing.I hope to get it soon.
I ordered the US version because I don' t like our European baked version.

Miss QQ

^^ Hope you can get the US Rose Initial! katred - Gorgeous! Caractere is beautiful! And complice looks so pretty on you, beige and peachy. It looks different on my hand. I think I need Caractere now, but still unsure if I want complice.

Bonitinha

So I picked up Complice and Caractere, both of which are stunning. Review/ look/ swatches here:

Today I got to a counter that still had Rose Initiale. Although I really wanted to buy a whole lot more, I limited myself to the blush. I still think I have to go back for Eclaire and Furtif... And possibly Sweet Beige, which I tried on and which works pretty well on me...

I can't wait to try RI- can you believe this is my FIRST Chanel blush???? Actually, I almost bought Rose Ecrin and Espeigle at the same time, because they both look beautiful...
Such gorgeous colors. It all starts with that first blush . . . I love all of the ones you mentioned. Rose Ecrin JC paired with Sweet Beige is one of my fave combos (goes with tons of eye looks). Did you ever try the Horizon blush? It has to be one of my all time faves
heart.gif

cheburaha

I skipped Caractere but now I have to go back and own one! Your swatches and pics sold me completely!

xphoenix06

I needed/ended up getting the premiere regard quad, troublant RAE, frenzy and beige polish, palpitante RA and framboise lipliner during the fall event awhile back. Very happy with my purchase and now am thinking of going back for the sweet beige glossimer, and try on passion and secrete RAs. The s/a's at my counter told me that sweet beige is perm. now since it did so well during last years holiday collection but when I went on the chanel site, it says it's limited edition?

CartoonChic

I needed/ended up getting the premiere regard quad, troublant RAE, frenzy and beige polish, palpitante RA and framboise lipliner during the fall event awhile back. Very happy with my purchase and now am thinking of going back for the sweet beige glossimer, and try on passion and secrete RAs. The s/a's at my counter told me that sweet beige is perm. now since it did so well during last years holiday collection but when I went on the chanel site, it says it's limited edition?
I somehow ended up at the Chanel counter today and swatched Beige polish. It's very pretty in the bottle and I love the pink shimmer, but it doesn't look right on my nails.

xphoenix06

I somehow ended up at the Chanel counter today and swatched Beige polish. It's very pretty in the bottle and I love the pink shimmer, but it doesn't look right on my nails.
It's very pretty in the bottle, it looked beautiful when I swatched it at the counter under the stores lights, but after I made my purchase and decided to paint my nails with beige at home a few days later, it didn't look as nice in natural light as it did when I first swatched it. From all the reviews and swatches of beige np I've seen online, those with lighter skin tones with olive or yellow/golden undertones really like/love this color. I'm okay with it, I like it but don't love it and it's different from other polishes in my collection. I definitely am loving frenzy more than beige.

Icecaramellatte

Good to know about Sweet Beige. I've been tempted to get a backup but maybe I can wait now. I'm still debating Premier Regard. Maybe I should look at the Beige polish too.

cheburaha

Have anyone heard/seen Ombre Contraste in Notorious? Apparently it is available in some stores in Europe together with the Fall collection but in very limited quantities. Any news for North America? One Russina blogger promised to post a review soon, I'll repost a link here when she does.

Sweetoothj

Ombre Contraste in Notorious

For those in London, it will be out on 21st Sept at the Covent Garden Pop up store :)

cheburaha

Thanks for the info! Taking into account past appearance of the limited editions, it shoud be in Canada around the same time!

Icecaramellatte

Oh my gosh! I forgot about Furtif again. I went to Bloomies @ 59th to pick up a few items. They had 1 Fall display out but it was kind of hidden. I had to look for it and hardly anything was in the display so it was kind of hard to remember what I wanted. I tried the quad again but decided once again to skip because I'm loving a neutral Mac color I just bought so much that I wore it 2 days in a row. So I had to rethink the quad. I wanted Vertigo and Frenzy but I was sure they were gone. After searching for quite awhile, I found them on the second nail polish display they had. When they put polishes with the permanent shades, it makes me think they are permanent too but I don't believe these 2 are. They had Beige too but I didn't even try that one.

I also picked up Rose Initial after hearing raves on another board. But I was still pondering Plum Attraction blush and swatched it again. I'm just wondering if the shade is too similar to one of the Mac Heavenly Creature blushes I bought but haven't used much yet. I'm blanking on the name but the darkest one. I haven't seen too many swatches of this color so I'm thinking its not that popular but I kind of like it.

So I guess Furtif and Plum Attraction are still in the running.

katred

Specktra Bestie
There are a few posts about it with links scattered around the different threads here, not sure which though so you'd have to do a search. Cafemakeup also posted about it awhile ago. I think at one point someone said it's supposed to be out here in September? This is it:

http://www.armocromia.com/2012/03/new-chanel-joue-contraste-in-notorious.html
Oooh! I'd forgotten this one! It looks like it would be a good shade for contouring, actually... Now that I've taken the plunge and bought a Chanel blush, I want MORE.

Icecaramellatte

Finally picked up Furtif. I decided to throw it in after picking up Notorious. I was still tempted to get Plum Attraction. I signed up awhile ago for an event in November but since Holiday will come out before that I don't know if there will be anything for me to buy. The SA said they would have the Holiday collection by then but I doubt I can wait until November to get it. So maybe that would be a good time to get Plum Attraction. Anyone like this color? I can't find a whole lot of on face swatches.

cheburaha

In Canada, Ombre Contraste in Notorious is finally available in Chanel boutiques. The product itself is very unusual and seems that even SAs in the boutique have hard time explaining its benefits and use-)
I've got one for myself and trying to figure out whether I can use it anywhere except the lid crease.
Have anyone else purchased the Notorious? Would like to hear your opinions! TIA!!!