light/medium grey eyeshadow

*JJ*

i'm looking for a light/medium grey eyeshadow (or silver?) like electra (or even silver ring) but without the shimmer.
it doesn't have to be matte, but i want something more wearable for daytime when i go to class or to work.
any recs?
any brand will do
yes.gif

thanks in advance!

Junkie

Have you tried Bough Grey from the Liberty of London collection?

If you can get your hands on MAC's Tease Me quad - Garcon Grey might be a good option too. Even Sub-Green from the Chromezone 3 quad is a nice grey (and actually very little green) colour. The Tone:Grey quad could work too...so many options! Or MAC Typographic OR Print!
greengrin.gif
Haha.

Lyssah

I think Print might fit what you're looking for.
I use this grey quite often for smokey eyes.

*JJ*

i tried print, but it was rather dark on my lids.
maybe i should use a white base underneath?

i'm actually looking for a lighter grey i can use on the lid to pair with colors like scene or print in the crease.

Face2Mac

Clue eyeshadow is what you need. It is a satin finish (I think it is mislabed as a frost), I use this for my crease/lid with other greys (it's perfection), b/c it has a sheen but no shimmer/frost. It is on ebay but see if you can find it to swap with someone.

Lyssah

Hmmm. I can't think of any that are lighter without shimmer. You can always apply a lighter colour on top of print to lighten it - I do that sometimes with my browns - I'll apply a white/nude colour to lighten the darkness of it.

obscuria

Urban Decay's Revolver is a good light matte grey, also the color payoff is crazy good. UD's Heist is another good matte medium grey, with sort of a purplish undertone, also great payoff.

Camnagem

Copperplate is my favorite matte medium grey. It pairs really well with other darker greys in the crease and is a dream to blend and apply (love Matte2's!).

thiscarmen

Copperplate is the best matte grey ever.

I love it to pieces! So versatile! You could wear it alone as a wash on the entire lid, or incorporate it into a smokey. It's so bomb haha.

MzzRach

Another vote for Copperplate. I wish there were more matte2 shades! The formula is terrific.

VIC MAC

Once upon a time....MAC had the perfect light grey shadow called ISSUE, my absolutely favorite EVER!!!

I've bought at least 20 shadows, trying to dupe it, so here are the ones that have come closest:

Shu Uemura - M950
Rock and Replublic - Ciggy
Illamasqua - Soul ( silvery )

And finally MAC recommended using - Vanilla e/s as base with Scene e/s over i.... That combo is quite nice :))

HTH
yes.gif

*JJ*

i'm surprised by all the raves for copperplate..
i've never looked at it in person but from the swatches i've seen it looks so blah..like a muddy grey-brown.
guess i'll have to check it out!