Lighthearted...

laneyyy

Good Morning all... Not much to say, been bummed out the last few days. So, in light of recent events, I wanted to do a bright, cheery look. My ex-boyfriend (and still really close friend) was sent home from Afghanistan early last week after stepping on an IED, and had to have his foot amputated. There is nothing I can do because I am stuck in this God forsaken country... My good friend, Doris, helped to cheer me up by letting me play with her UD Deluxe Shadow Box.... It did help =]

Used

Eyes

Bare Study PP
UD Graffiti e/s
UD Fishnet e/s
UD Ransom e/s
UD Peace e/s
MAC Firespot e/s
MAC Solor White e/s
Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel Eyeliner
Lancome Hypnose Mascara in Black

Face

Clinique Almost Makeup in Neutral/Fair mixed with Revlon Bronzing stuffs...
MAC MSF Duo in Medium/Natural
MAC Spaced Out Powder Blush
MAC X-Rocks Powder Blush
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Duo Bronzer

Lips

Lancome Color Design l/s in Pale Lip
MAC 3D l/g "In 3-D"

Sorry for the goofy pictures, I wasn't using my camera. I wish had taken more that I liked... O well...

11-12163.jpg

11-12179.jpg

Have a wonderful week!

urbanlilyfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I'm Italian and I feel offended when you call my country "a God forsaken country".

Ok well I just have to say ..I know this poster personally. And she has had a hard time adjusting living in a foreign country to her. SHe also just about 3 days ago found out her really good freind was seriously injured in the Afghanistan. I do believe that she does not hate Italy in anyway as a whole. I think she is mostly speaking out of frustration for being so far away from the comfort of her family , friends, and easy communication of the loved one who is now injured. Becasue she lives here in ITaly it took a few days for her to find out the bad news. Which had a bad effect on her.

Same thing happend to me last year. I was here in Italy for 10 days and then I find out my father had a bad accident and was in critical condition in a hospital. But because I was so far away and just gotten here it took my family 3 days after the incident to get in contact with me Via the Red Cross ..I arrived back in the states and my dad passed away like 2 days later. SO when she made that statement about Italy ..i honestly believe it was said without much thought ..and not thinking too purposely offend any Italian. As when I returned to Italy after my dads passing a very hard time accepting that I have to live her for 4 years away from my family felt as if Italy was the worst thing that could happen to me because I was so stressed from moving and then depressed from losing my dad in such a short time.

IM glad to say that now after being here almost 1 year I love Italy ..I am finally at a point where my mind has changed about everything I didn't like about living here. And as for the OP she hasn't been here very long and hasn't had the easiest time adjusting to life here either.

Even though Italy is very diffrent from living in the US I don't believe that the OP has any hate or discontent truly for Italy as a whole. SHoot I know we have spoken about issues going on the US ..and if at a moment of frustration have condemend our own countries for the injustices and problems it is facing as well.

Im just sayin....

laneyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I'm Italian and I feel offended when you call my country "a God forsaken country".

Ok... first of all, you don't need to be taking this personally. I am an American living in Italy because of the Military. I do not like living here, I do not WANT to live here, especiall when my good friend just had his bleeping leg blown off, and I can't go and support him, because I am stuck here. I was in no way trying to offend YOU, or your country. I do not feel like I should have to sensor myself. I don't HATE Italy, I just am frustrated that I am so far away from everyone and everything I know, and there is not a damn thing I can do for my friend, they can't even call me. It took them like 2 or 3 days to even get in contact with me. Finally my mother sent me an e-mail saying Anthony's fam had been trying to get in touch with me. Anyways... bottom line... I am in no way insulting your country... shoot, when I was about to make the move over here, I was ready to get out of my "God forsaken Hometown" NO BIG DEAL!!!!!

If you have any further stand on this, PM me... don't trash my thread.

Thank You.

laneyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
Ok well I just have to say ..I know this poster personally. And she has had a hard time adjusting living in a foreign country to her. SHe also just about 3 days ago found out her really good freind was seriously injured in the Afghanistan. I do believe that she does not hate Italy in anyway as a whole. I think she is mostly speaking out of frustration for being so far away from the comfort of her family , friends, and easy communication of the loved one who is now injured. Becasue she lives here in ITaly it took a few days for her to find out the bad news. Which had a bad effect on her.

Same thing happend to me last year. I was here in Italy for 10 days and then I find out my father had a bad accident and was in critical condition in a hospital. But because I was so far away and just gotten here it took my family 3 days after the incident to get in contact with me Via the Red Cross ..I arrived back in the states and my dad passed away like 2 days later. SO when she made that statement about Italy ..i honestly believe it was said without much thought ..and not thinking too purposely offend any Italian. As when I returned to Italy after my dads passing a very hard time accepting that I have to live her for 4 years away from my family felt as if Italy was the worst thing that could happen to me because I was so stressed from moving and then depressed from losing my dad in such a short time.

IM glad to say that now after being here almost 1 year I love Italy ..I am finally at a point where my mind has changed about everything I didn't like about living here. And as for the OP she hasn't been here very long and hasn't had the easiest time adjusting to life here either.

Even though Italy is very diffrent from living in the US I don't believe that the OP has any hate or discontent truly for Italy as a whole. SHoot I know we have spoken about issues going on the US ..and if at a moment of frustration have condemend our own countries for the injustices and problems it is facing as well.

Im just sayin....

Right on. Thanks Doris.

iluvmac

I am really sorry for your friend, believe me. But try and understand me. Too bad nobody tried to defend my point of view...
Thank you.

awomanofthelord

Such Rainbow lookin.. I actually got to see this in person I was like ooooo nice!!! Such pretty colors but they probably wouldn't look good on me lol.. I know you were down that day and I have a good friend in Iraq.. I would hate to see him in that situation.. I don't know what I Would do!! Stay strong
smiles.gif

smh28

Amazing! The colors together are beautiful. I hope it helped cheer you up for a bit. Sometimes the best thing to do to get through hard times is just keep busy. Good luck to your friend.
smiles.gif

kyustman

thats a really pretty look!!! love the colors
smiles.gif

And I'm sorry about your friend...really hope things get better.