Lighting advice, artist esp read!

more_please

So I apply my makeup in my bathroom, which has one overhead light bulb and no windows
ssad.gif
The bulb in there now makes everything look yellow and distorts my mu colors, so I look different in natural light. What kind of bulb should I install for better ('truer') lighting? I'd love any advice anyone has!

caffn8me

If you can get to a Sally Beauty Supply store you might find they have daylight bulbs which will help. I haven't tried these myself as I have an illuminated mirror with colour balanced lighting already but it's an inexpensive fix if it works.

bluegrassbabe

I believe that GE makes a "natural light". I can't remember what the darn thing is called right now. You should be able to ask at any hardware or Wal-mart type store and get it. I usually try to do mine in the type of lighting I will be wearing it in, although I know that is not always possible. I do my face at my vanity by the window most days.

caffn8me

To be honest, overhead lighting is never a good choice for trying to do makeup. You might consider using a portable mirror in front of a window with daylight coming in or a portable illuminated mirror. I really hate to do makeup in poor lighting.

more_please

^^ Thanks for the responses! Caffn8me, do you have any recs for picking out an illuminated mirror? I hate to spend so much $$ on good mu, then not get the most out of it
smiles.gif

caffn8me

I know quite a few folks here have one so I hope they'll be able to make some recommendations. Mine was custom built using colour balanced fluorescent tubes and isn't very portable. There was a previous thread which might be useful - Best lighting to do your makeup in?