Lighting

comeandtakeit

I hope this is the proper place for this question.

I'm trying to get a proper vanity set up and am wondering what kind of lighting is best for applying makeup? I get tired of doing my face up and then going outside and realizing I look like a clown. I'd like to find something for personal use (like a lamp). Any suggestions or links would be much appreciated!

Also, I have always wondered what kind of lighting professionals use. I'm not a professional, but one day would love to be and I'm just curious. I'm doing my sister's makeup for her wedding in September and want to make sure I do it properly and it photographs well... I'm hoping I can find something affordable for the wedding and maybe use it at some point later if i ever have the opportunity to do freelance work.

Thanks!

kittykit

I used to do my makeup in the bathroom. Now I'm doing it by the window. Natural light is still better
winks.gif

comeandtakeit

thanks ladies, but sadly, natural light really isn't an option, because of the way my apartment is set up. i'm looking for a specific mirror/lamp that i can buy that will simulate the best light possible for indoor makeup application. even if it's something i can't afford now, i'd love for recommendations at any price range.

Meisje

And lightbulb recs! If you know a certain bulb brand and type that works for putting on makeup.