Lime Crime and Dreamworld Minerals?

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
I'm surprised no one has mentioned beauty from the earth!
I've been tempted to try some of the e/s but I don't have any money momentarily. Looks like they have a lot of bright e/s, good price too!

Affordable, All Natural Mineral Makeup

The colors on that site don't look all that inspiring or special to me. Without having the time or patience to compare to the supplier sites, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is a reseller.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
The colors on that site don't look all that inspiring or special to me. Without having the time or patience to compare to the supplier sites, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is a reseller.

Yep, it is. BftE, interestingly enough, is also a TKB reseller, though I believe she does mix some of her own shades from TKB pigments and sells them with the repacks.

Since one of the original questions about this thread was on Lime Crime, yes, BftE has dupes, or near dupes, of Lime Crime colors, which can be found at TKB for a much cheaper price, since both of them simply repacked or slightly modified the TKB colors.

shatteredshards

For the record, looks like LC's taking the rediculous price claim to heart and have doubled the size of the jars - they're 10g instead of 5g now.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
try pure luxe minerals too, they're cheap and they have a section of bright colours, ive got their raspberry, a yellow and a orange by them, and they're really pigmented
smiles.gif

its under eye colour 3, its their bubblegum colours...

'Bubblegum ballz
The BRIGHTEST, BOLDEST mineral colors you will find.
These colors POP!
These are ALL mineral, NO dyes.
Bold primary colors that begged to be seen!
All colors have a shimmery pearl finish'

they're like $5.00 for a decent amount, and you can order samples for $1 if u just want to try them

Eye Color 3

I can't help but notice that those "Bubblegum" colors are exactly like TKB's POP collection, right down to the names: Pop! Sampler

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I can't help but notice that those "Bubblegum" colors are exactly like TKB's POP collection, right down to the names: Pop! Sampler

Exactly alike because it's exactly that product.
ssad.gif

Everyone and their mother is reselling that collection. It's a total shame since TKB released it sort of as a basic color mixing lesson, not a business-in-a-box.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Exactly alike because it's exactly that product.
ssad.gif

Everyone and their mother is reselling that collection. It's a total shame since TKB released it sort of as a basic color mixing lesson, not a business-in-a-box.

I don't necessarily mind the repackaging, because hey, most mineral makeup companies do it, or they just buy stuff really cheap from places like TKB, make their own mixes, and sell it. No big deal. I just wish companies would stop pretending they make everything from scratch when they don't.
th_dunno.gif

From everything I've researched about LC, she repackages almost 100% of her product and she is VERY unfriendly. I have heard basically nothing but BAD things. And those very bad things (and the very steep price, I can get a 10g jar of an AWESOME color for 6.99 at one of my fav. etsy sellers) make me want to not give her my hard earned and saved money.

Such as if you do a less-than-stellar review, she threatens with legal action. Not the greatest way to run a business.

And yeah, PL repackages, a lot do and like one of the ladies above said, its not that big of a deal. Just be honest.

LorraineER

I realize this is an old thread but besides Fyrinnae (which it's no secret that I adore) I got some awesome inexpensive samples from Shiro. One of my faves is "Pikachu." It's a bright true yellow with red sparkle, so awesome. I had great luck with High Voltage and HiFi too but it's been awhile since I ordered from either.
I've also head good things about Geek Chic and Venemous, the latter has pressed samples!! It's so tempting but I'm too broke for more makeup and I have samples of shadows I haven't even tried yet so I should just shop my stash.
One last thing, Dreamworld has great face products even if their shadow colors are a bit tame for what you are (were?) looking for and Meow minerals has both bright and more natural eye colors plus awesome face makeup.
If you're like me you'll be hooked on minerals after trying Fyrinnae (well actually this was an old OP so I'd love to hear how it turned out!) The color cosmetics are unique, the foundations work so well (personally!) on my combination skin and it's mostly priced in the same range as what you'd get at the drugstore but so much better quality and more innovative than anything off the shelf.
My only problem is there are so many choices I always go overboard but even still it's much less than going overboard at Sephora or MAC (which is also a lot of fun but hurts my wallet!)