Lime Crime Lipstick

aussiemacluvrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I think some bloggers have def gone above and beyond to ruin her reputation and her company, but I also think it's absolutely pathetic that she made a blogger who purchased her cosmetics remove a bad review by threatening legal action. I'm surprised the blogger complied - Limecrime had no legal footing to do so.

From my basic knowledge of defamation or libel as some jurisdictions refer to it, Xenia could probably sue under such a tort. Since a lot of the criticisms are directed at her personally and not the product, she could very well make a case for defamation. Had the reviews stuck the products only, and not the person, then there would be less scope for legal action.

I agree with the above comments that critiques should stick to the product/company, not the person...

lara

I'm surprised anyone is still shocked that someone on the internet has used a cosmetic branding wholesale service.

Delta Cephei

I really like Xenia and she's always been nice to me and i'm not even a paying customer. (got samples for my website to review) I say it's really a shame that some are really doing anything to bring Xenia down and to destroy her company.

No one seems to have proof that she actually does just repackage things do they? Anyway I still like her, her company and absolutely love her appearance and the packaging of her products and I would purchase if I wanted anything. I really like her new lipstick line, especially Cosmopop.

Some reviews I saw about the products are negative because they don't like Xenia, it's not always about the products and that's a shame..

I haven't seen Xenia's reactions on the whole thing so I can't say anything about that.

shatteredshards

Delta, no offense, but you really think everyone giving a negative review only does it because they don't like the person behind the company? Including people on this forum, who have said they don't like the products?

Personally, I didn't have any real issue with her until I saw how she started reacting to the repacking controversy. Whether you believe she does it or not, she acted like a petulent child. Frankly, her behavior as a business owner in the last year has been rather disgusting. Not to say that some naysayers haven't taken it to far, but she has stooped to their level and then some. Two wrongs do not make a right, and we all know that.

As for the repacking, as I have said, her entire line's been swatched next to duplicate TKB pigments. Since TKB is a major cosmetic ingredient supplier, and has been selling the colors years longer than she has, it makes her claim that she creates her colors herself kinda shoddy. We're not going to see actual proof of it better than that, because Xenia's in too deep now and isn't going to change her story that TKB, and everyone else with duplicate colors who has been in business longer than she has, copied her.

Edit: also, here's what I consider to be a pretty honest review of LC cosmetics: http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.c...should-be.html She said she was really hyped up and looking forward to getting the shadows only to be extremely disappointed. Yes, her review does have an angry tone to it in parts (I think most of us would have been the same were we in her shoes), however, she made no digs whatsoever towards Xenia, and did a good job of keeping it on the products themselves and Lime Crime as a company. And if anything, she went in biased expecting good product because of the positive things she had heard from others.

Nicala

I'm watching the video of Xenia right now. Am I the only person who sees that she blinks like crazy when she says she makes everything for her company? She definitely should of leaved out the story. That wasn't even relevant to the whole point of the video.

nebbish

I don't think this has been posted, but.... an honest review of Lime Crime lipsticks. Xenia freaked and threatened to sue if the chick who posted it didn't take it down and put up an apology.
That's drama, and I don't particularly care. What I *do* care, is what was said *IN* the perfectly honest review, which I found to be quite helpful in my consideration of the lipsticks.
I, personally, love the packaging. I'm a little kid at heart, so the pink & glitter & unicorns are wonderful XD. However, I'm not gonna buy lipstick that other people have said is chalky/doesn't go on as it should/etc. when I have to pay $15 for it and don't get a refund if I don't like it.

The eye dust thing ... I've heard from numerous sources that she repackages from TKB. Which is cool, isn't that what TKB does? Basically, you're paying $12 for the packaging. You can buy an *ounce* of whatever color strait from TKB for like $3.50. Somehow, that's just not fair. I've also heard that a bunch of her color choices aren't actually safe for eyes, cos TKB does a lot of dyes & such. Buut ... I feel like there'd be major legal issues with that. Again, drama, and I don't care.

Hope you guys find that link helpful, however.
greengrin.gif

Delta Cephei

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Delta, no offense, but you really think everyone giving a negative review only does it because they don't like the person behind the company? Including people on this forum, who have said they don't like the products?

Oh no, absolutly not. I meant that people who do reviews and be negative about Xenia in the review and not just about the product. I should have made it clearer.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cephei
Oh no, absolutly not. I meant that people who do reviews and be negative about Xenia in the review and not just about the product. I should have made it clearer.

Thank you for clarifying for me - I read your initial post and was like, "Whaaaaatt?!"
smiles.gif

thezander

Hm, I keep getting a server error on the limecrime site... not that I was planning on shopping there though

Goat Goat Etc.

Yes interesting...you can't get to the site today.

I also realize the cache of "LimeCrime: A History" has been removed. Provided some amazing background on Lime Crime and Xenia.

I wish Amy (Shrinkle )Shrinkle would give some dirt on Xenia, when Xenia was her faux-friend anyway.
BTW Shrinkle's Sugar Pill Makeup line is so close to launching and the pics on her blog from her hello kitty fashion show are amazor!!!
She spent years actually making her project according to herself and Petrilude! I can't wait!

hk4.jpg

hk5.jpg

hk16.jpg

Are you seeing that?!? damn!
craft1.jpg

enigmatic

it's such a shame... those lipsticks are hot but i really can't bring myself to do business with someone that has so much negative attention/drama. whether any of it's true or not, it's enough to make people stay away.

it seems like a lot of newer companies are led by childish owners. don't run a business if you can't stay neutral and mature. that's all i'm going to say.

kabuki_KILLER

Sugarpill looks interesting. Her palettes remind me a bit of the make up for ever ones, with a few differences. I love her leopard print hair and ideas. Unfortunately, the fashion shown here isn't my thing. Maybe she'll have more stuff that I like in the future.

@enigmatic: I know what you mean by "newer entrepreneurs being immature." I once worked with some for a magazine and was naive. I didn't know any better, but the more I learned about them, the less fit they seemed to be running a company. I don't know Xenia at all, but IF in fact she's anything like those girls I know, she needs to change. She has way more little girls following her.

WSITN makes me really want the D'lilac lipstick, but with no cheaper samples available, it's just kind of "eh" to me.

banana1234

i think they should just give it a rest, im sorry but 'green' isnt a good colour on any of these blog posters...

queli13

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the packaging for these! i just wish they made some normal colors too, lol kinda want to try the red one!

queli13

in fact, i wonder if there's a way to switch a different lipstick into the same pretty tube
smiles.gif

jackieheartsyou

This isn't an attack on Xenia the owner at all but if I dropped 16 BUCKS, more than 1 hour of work, on a lipstick that did not live up to its expectations I would definitely post negative reviews on it. If I am dissatisfied with a product, best believe I will spout off to whomever. I think that's where most of these reviews come from, the disillusion and disappointment of throwing money away.

banana1234

i agree with you completely, but to suggest she didnt 'make' her own products is just slander, it isnt based on any proof, is what i meant, i havent bought any of her stuff, cos i thought it was over priced

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by queli13
in fact, i wonder if there's a way to switch a different lipstick into the same pretty tube
smiles.gif

Spray paint it pink and slap a unicorn sticker on it. :p

LissyJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by queli13
smiles.gif

Hi there! I'm a lurker, but happened to see this comment while seeing peoples opinions on the lime crime thing. You can actually reuse that lipstick case if you wanted. You'd just need a lipstix remix to do it. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing if I don't like her lipstick since the packaging is so cute! HTH