Lime Crime Velvetine Dupe

sarahsharkbait

I have always wanted to try the LC Velvetine's, however I didn't really wish to part over £12 for one lip-stain (that's without the international shipping, which I assume is like £7.50).
Any brits ordered from LC before, do you know what the shipping rate is?

So I grabbed the MUA lip Lacquers from the Luxe London range, from my local superdrug for £3 each.
For those outside the UK, you can order online, however I think shipping is like £7.50
http://www.muastore.co.uk/mua-luxe-london

I got these two.
Atomic- a really bright, orange-based red. Which I thought would be a more pinkish red.
Kooky- a dark purple.

They are packaged nicely and the product comes in frosted tubes.
For starters, these are very pigmented- that is no lie. It does go on somewhat effortlessly, however you may have to apply this on the lips a couple of times to get an even coat, also I advise not to smack your lips together as it can comes out patchy.
When applied, it goes on glossy but suddenly dries matte in seconds.
Also when it says smudge-proof, it really means staining.
I love the fact that these are long lasting (with only a few additional touch ups), however Atomic has stained areas on my skin and I have tried everything to remove it, wet wipes, Oil-based make-up remover (that can get war paint off), even soap and water- but nothing has been able to get rid of all traces of the product.
Kooky surprisingly was okay to remove.

These are lovely, however do show up the dryness of my lips a bit.

Have any of you guys (especially those in the UK), tried any Velvetines?
If so how much did you pay and are they worth it? :)

cakewannaminaj

wow the shades are gorgeous
eyelove.gif

I have tried the pink velvetines and I dislike it. It's very watery and it just goes everywhere, it stains so if you make one mistake, have to be quick to remove it or else it won't come off. My opinion of the Velvetines may change later thou cause I felt like I haven't given it enough time to judge, I may try it again in the future. It's not affordable, shops are selling atleast $30 here.

lxvefool

Those look pretty! The purple is mouthwatering. I have all the LC Velvetines and I think they're amazing. There are two UK sites you can buy them from for £13.50 each! I just got the Clueless Witch Velvetines and I'm in love.

shopandconquer

This is a great share! The Red Velvet Velvetine is on my wish list. I am going to check out the purple one for the MUA version.

Latest posts