Lime Green Helpp!!

Fashionista9989

Hey Girls!

Here's my first post on Specktra, but I've been reading the forum for awhile. Anyways, I have an event coming up where I have to wear lime green...yes lime greennn. Could anyone suggest any color combos or any pics? I have light tan skin, black hair with light brownish highlights, and light greenish/brown eyes.

Thanxs in advance lovlies!

me_jelly

I think soft golds, champagne and soft peachy-pinks would look great with the lime dress - I would also use soft peachy coral blush and lipstick

Amaranth

Since whatever you're wearing already sounds pretty vibrant, you should keep the colours pretty tame (like the colours mentioned above). But that doesn't mean you can't have fun with the finishes, play with some veluxe pearls or lustres and it can jazz it up a little without being too ridiculous.

VioletB

Play with some old gold pigment!!! Even if you put it on top of browns it will give the tiniest glint of green.. If you want to wear green on your eyes. Just make sure it's not too matchy matchy
smiles.gif

Fashionista9989

I'm glad I asked you guys...i was about to go with a lime green color. It seriously would have been overkill.

Beauty Mark - Love the idea of using a bronzy color..but not sure about the peach...sometimes I feel like it jumps out too much on my skin...maybe I'm using the wrong color? (I dont remember what shade I use off the top of my head)

Me-jelly - What MAC shades do you think would work best? I have amber lights and goldmine.

Amaranth - Awesome. Do any suggestions colorwise babe?

Violet B - I love the idea of the old gold pigment, but I'm not well versed yet on using pigments...would it be hard?

Beauty Mark

You have play around with the right peachy color. Like a peachy-pink, maybe? Something close to your natural lip color but with the peach oomph, if that makes sense. I'd go glossy or stain, just so it isn't too heavy.

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista9989
I'm glad I asked you guys...i was about to go with a lime green color. It seriously would have been overkill.

Beauty Mark - Love the idea of using a bronzy color..but not sure about the peach...sometimes I feel like it jumps out too much on my skin...maybe I'm using the wrong color? (I dont remember what shade I use off the top of my head)

Me-jelly - What MAC shades do you think would work best? I have amber lights and goldmine.

Amaranth - Awesome. Do any suggestions colorwise babe?

Violet B - I love the idea of the old gold pigment, but I'm not well versed yet on using pigments...would it be hard?

Hiya,

Goldmine and amber lights would work beautifully with your lime green dress. I would put goldmine all over the lid with a small amount of amber lights (lightly) in the crease to give some depth and definition to the eye - I think these 2 colors will still keep everything soft and fresh, but still keep things interesting.

For a blush - try pinch o' peach, or even blushbaby (beautiful soft neutral fleshed pink - this one always gives me the most natural and beautiful flush ever) blush if you aren't really into peaches and corals. You can also try melba with a lighter hand; it's a pinky-coral color without being too peachy or too orange

For lips, you can try see sheer lipstick - it's the perfect soft pinky-grapefruit-coral with a bit of moonbathe lipglass in the middle of the lip to give it a 3D plumping effect.

Fashionista9989

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
I think that greens would look good.
Maybe Club with Tempting.

Do you think that might come out too dark? I'll try it and let ya know how it goes
smiles.gif

Fashionista9989

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
Hiya,

Goldmine and amber lights would work beautifully with your lime green dress. I would put goldmine all over the lid with a small amount of amber lights (lightly) in the crease to give some depth and definition to the eye - I think these 2 colors will still keep everything soft and fresh, but still keep things interesting.

For a blush - try pinch o' peach, or even blushbaby (beautiful soft neutral fleshed pink - this one always gives me the most natural and beautiful flush ever) blush if you aren't really into peaches and corals. You can also try melba with a lighter hand; it's a pinky-coral color without being too peachy or too orange

For lips, you can try see sheer lipstick - it's the perfect soft pinky-grapefruit-coral with a bit of moonbathe lipglass in the middle of the lip to give it a 3D plumping effect.

ohh hthat sounds good. Thanxs a bunch! I'm excited now..haha

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista9989

Would it be hard??? Not at all!! Play wih some neutral browns and layer a little bit of old gold in the crease, outer v, or for fun, on the lower lashline. It is a very fun and versatile pigment. If there is a mac pro store near you, you might even be able to snatch up a sample. (Be gracious and buy things before you ask!!
smiles.gif
) Just make sure you use just a little bity-bit because it goes a long way!! Play around with this and some of the other tips and see what you like best.
smiles.gif
Good luck!!

Fashionista9989

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Would it be hard??? Not at all!! Play wih some neutral browns and layer a little bit of old gold in the crease, outer v, or for fun, on the lower lashline. It is a very fun and versatile pigment. If there is a mac pro store near you, you might even be able to snatch up a sample. (Be gracious and buy things before you ask!!
smiles.gif
) Just make sure you use just a little bity-bit because it goes a long way!! Play around with this and some of the other tips and see what you like best.
smiles.gif
Good luck!!

You're awesome! I was gonna run by MAC and grab swimming anyways, so I'll get a sample then as well. Thanks a bunch
smiles.gif
I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!!