limited edition/ dis'c items recs

brittanymorgan

helloo!

my name is brittany and this is actually my first thread/ post. i have been lurking around for a few weeks and i am in love! i am a complete MAC addict, so i feel at home.

anyways, onto my question. i've been out of the loop in the MAC world for awhile and missed out on some great collections. the last collection i remember buying a few things was c-shock like a year ago! well, i am update now, as far as this year's collections. but i really want to build my collection more, and i have pretty much the perm line in my traincase.

so i want to get your reccomendations on limited edition/ discontinued items that are worthy of seeking. meaning, what's dupe-able and whats just too gorgeous to pass up?!

as far as what i have/ what i like:

i love me some neutrals. satin taupe, sable, twinks, woodwinked and soba are my lovers.
-purples make me wanna
th_DANCE.gif

-corals, oranges, bright pinks
-greens!!

and what i'm not into:
-i guess the only thing that doesn't work for me are the really bright bright greens and blues. like wondergrass and big t. i tried cool heat and it didn't work out for me unfortunatley. maybe it was just these colors, but i'm not sure. but i'm still open to blues and greens suggestions!
-pastels....

thanks so much for your input.

btw, if something is wrong with this post, such as placement or such, please move/delete.

yupitzTara

i really liked the neo sci-fi collection. there's some good natural colors. i got everything except for femme fi (it seemed like just another hightlight color). i really recommend you getting evening aura, time & space, and magnetic fields. I also liked illegal cargo from the naughty nauticals collection. there were also some nice color pigments in that collection.
There's also a lot of cool collections coming out so you should keep your eye out for them.

I hope this helped you out some bit.

brittanymorgan

i've had my eye on time and space and evening aura. (i have expensive and magnetic fields)

i know! these collections coming up are simply amazing!

foxyqt

my personal favorites from the collections that came out after C-Shock are:

- Illicit l/g from Smoke Signals
- Jealous kohlpower from Alexander McQueen for MAC
- Sweet Sienna pigment from Antiquitease, you'll love this if you like Satin Taupe
winks.gif

- Ochre Style e/s from The Originals
- Metal-X Cream eyeshadows!

also, "N Collection" had amazing neutrals like Neutral Pink e/s, Modest Tone e/s, Dark Edge e/s..

ewlialovesme

Time and Space, Femme-Fi, Cash Flow paintpot.

Another vote for Sweet Sienna. It's nearly identical to Stila Diamond Lil (but more sheer, a touch warmer)

panda0410

Agreed with Sweet Sienna pigment - you'll love this if you like taupes, way to gorgeous to pass on!!! Otherwise try Black Ore from Future Earth - its another too good to miss item and its worth the effort to get and use - Bronzescape might suit you as well
smiles.gif