limp roots, dry length, help!

ShoesSunSand

I feel as if I've tried every shampoo/conditioner out there, and inevitably my roots will end up limp and the length of my hair will be dry/frizzy.

the only thing that gets the dryness under control is the B&b damage control hair mask, but it only lasts 2-3 days before the dryness is back, so it's getting quite expensive.

as far as shampoo goes, i switch it up, fekkai, kerastase, b&b, head & shoulders, kenra clarifying, etc, and still, limp roots. (and no, i don't apply cond to the roots)

any ideas/recs?

Dizzy

For your roots, have you tried a root lifter? I love Joico's Body Luxe root lift. If your hair's long, it might be too heavy for just shampoo/conditioner rootlifting, so you might need a product for that "oomph".

And if your hair is dry/frizzy it could be from the products you're using. If something has too much alcohol it'll leave your hair dry and brittle. Also, don't use a clarifying shampoo regularly if your hair is already dry, it'll just strip any natural oils that might be there.

Try Redken's treatments, like the Clear Moisture treatment (I forget the name, it's in a blue tube). I've never had a complaint with it.

HTH!

so_siqqq

Don't use harsh shampoos and do NOT use a clarifying shampoo daily. It'll suck all the moisture out. Only use them once a week if you use a lot of hair product daily.

Try using something lightweight like Sexy Hair Concepts Soy Milk shampoo and conditioner or Redken's Clear Moisture. It'll get your hair clean without drying it out and is not so heavy that it weighs hair down with buildup. Kerastase is good but I feel like with daily use it build ups and weights hair down.

If you blow dry your hair use the medium heat setting and you can add some mouse to the roots only. First rough blow dry. When it's almost completely dry use a paddle brush. Use a paddle brush if you want to style your hair straight. By using a paddle brush it'll lift roots but keep the ends straight. If you use a round barreled brush it'll lift roots but curl ends inward. Finish blowdrying by blowing cool air to set the style and to help tame some frizz.

Whenever heat styling use a heat protectant. Ones I really like are Redken Heat Glide for blowdrying and Matrix Iron Smoother for flat ironing. When you finish styling use a shine spray or serum to tame any frizz and too add shine. The key to using a shine spray or serum is to use a little, too much will weigh hair down and make it looks greasy. By rule I use a pea size drop for chin to shoulder length hair. I add a little more if it's that's not enough.

Also a weekly mask would be good too. It'll add moisture, shine, and help to protect hair from future damage.

perkyme907

I have the same problem and when I got my haircut today my stylist suggested a shine serum (I think its called) and she put it in my hair, and it seems to have an effect. She told me that it helps to lock in the moisture. I dont know, just a suggestion