Lindsey Lohan Arrested...

Kimberleigh

Quote:
BEVERLY HILLS, California — Troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan was busted early Tuesday on DUI charges for the second time in a matter of months -- and cops said they found cocaine in one of her pants pockets.

Lohan was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving on a suspended license and possession of cocaine, among other charges, said Sgt. Shane Talbot.

She was pulled over near the Santa Monica Police Department after authorities spotted her car chasing another vehicle, said Talbot.

Authorities conducted a field sobriety test and then transported Lohan to the police department.

Lohan's blood alcohol level was between .12 and .13, well over the .08 legal limit, cops told gossip Web site TMZ.com.

The 21-year-old actress’ arrest happened about 2:15 a.m. in Santa Monica, Calif., near Pico Boulevard and Main Street, according to TMZ. Bail was reportedly set for $25,000.

Lohan checked out of a Malibu rehab center on July 13, after a stay of more than six weeks. She has been wearing an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet, going to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and receiving therapy ever since.

The "Mean Girls" star, who turned 21 on July 2, checked into the swank facility after a wild Memorial Day weekend during which she crashed her Mercedes Benz into a curb, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and was photographed slumped in the passenger seat of a friend's car.

Just last Thursday, Lohan turned herself in to police to be booked on suspicion of driving under the influence during the Memorial Day weekend car crash, police said.

Accompanied by her attorney, Lohan surrendered herself at the Beverly Hills Police Department to be fingerprinted and photographed, said Officer Brian Ballieweg.

She was booked on suspicion of a DUI with a blood alcohol level above .08, California's legal limit, and on suspicion of misdemeanor hit and run, Ballieweg said.

After the Memorial Day incident, police said she had been arrested for investigation of driving under the influence, though she wasn't formally booked on the allegation until Thursday.

The actress was released on her own recognizance. A court date was scheduled for August 24.

Lohan said in January she had checked into a rehabilitation center for substance abuse treatment.

Earlier this month, Lohan's publicist Leslie Sloane Zelnik said the star was "doing great."

"Lindsay is working hard on her sobriety and we are all supporting her," she said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I was really pulling for her. I think, unlike someone else who was in a similar situation, is really talented. However, I hope she's punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Janice

What's up with Dina? Did she have somethin' to do with the tip off police got or what?

As far as LL, we all know the bracelet, rehab, and AA meetings were a way to make her insurable for the money to back productions she's involved with. To get caught AGAIN though? It's going to be really difficult for her to recover from this professionally.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

she must have seen all the press coverage paris got for being arrested, and Nicole Richie too. and thought "THATS what I need to DO!!!

astronaut

Last year(or year before i forgot) it was a baby booming trend for celebs, this year it's a going to jail for dui yes?

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Last year(or year before i forgot) it was a baby booming trend for celebs, this year it's a going to jail for dui yes?

rofl.gif

zori

Hmm, it would be interesting to see how this pans out. I wonder what type of punishment she'll get as compared to Paris's stint in jail as Lindsay had drugs in her posession according to the article posted.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Quote:

ROFL!!! Too true too true.. Poor girl.. I really liked her too

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by zori
Hmm, it would be interesting to see how this pans out. I wonder what type of punishment she'll get as compared to Paris's stint in jail as Lindsay had drugs in her posession according to the article posted.

she was also like a .13 or .14 which is... really drunk LOL

Kimberleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zori

I read somewhere that she'll definitely get mandatory jail time as that this is her second offense, 18 months in rehab (because clearly the 6 weeks worked)PLUS the cocaine they found on her. Coincidently, both court dates (the Memorial Day fiasco and this fiasco) are on the same day...August 20-something, I think. They need to figure SOMETHING out with her or she's going to wind up dead.

aziajs

You know what???? Send that bitch to jail! I'm tired of hearing about it. She's been out of control for years. Her parents don't give a damn and have gotten to the point where they can't do anything with her. I was saying, three years ago, when she was out at the clubs doing lines of coke, getting drunk off her ass that there was a problem and the shit wasn't cool. People thought I was being so harsh and judgemental. Well look at where we are now. She's a joke, her "sobriety" is a joke. They sent Paris to jail now they can send Lindsay.

GreekChick

What a way to ruin your career! How does Lindsay Lohan expect to be taken seriously when auditioning for roles from now on? She's apparently a brat while working as well...She's ruining her name to the point where producers will refuse giving her roles, because of the bad publicity. She can't expect to be making teeny-bopper movies forever-she will eventually have to take on more serious roles as she gets older. How will she do that? Look at Scarlett Johanson: she's young, she avoids messes, she seems smart, she seems professional, and as a result, she gets offered alot of smart, Oscar worthy roles.
I can't believe Lindsay Lohan is representing today's Hollywood young starlets. What an embarassment, not only for the girl herself, but for the film industry as well. She's talented, she is, but the way she is handling her fame as well as her career really makes me wonder why we continue to endorse celebrities like her.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
What's up with Dina? Did she have somethin' to do with the tip off police got or what?

As far as LL, we all know the bracelet, rehab, and AA meetings were a way to make her insurable for the money to back productions she's involved with. To get caught AGAIN though? It's going to be really difficult for her to recover from this professionally.

Dina's more a 'party friend' type of influence than a 'mother guidance' type of influence on both her kids.
LiLo was drinking, smoking, doing drugs, etc. in front of her mother prior to rehab, she's been doing it since rehab, and she'll continue to do it until she's dead.
Her mother would rather party beside her and live off the money Lindsay has made since being a small child in movies than actually put her foot in Lindsay's ass and help her straighten up and out.
She's a HUGE enabler of this nonsense, and, as someone said, the sad part is, Lohan actually has a semblance of talent, unlike other people in her peer group.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
why we continue to endorse celebrities like her.

Because as a culture were inherintly facinated with the rich and famous messing up their lives. And we love drama.

Nothing better than a good trainwreck on the front page of TMZ.com to brighten my day =p

BeatrixKiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Did anyone see her mugshot? eeek it didnt even look like her.

Can you link this pic?