lining the waterline

carrotcake

hiya,

i have never tried lining my waterline bit before, what is the best product to use for this purpose as i'm not too sure where to start? thank you x
cutey.gif

Katja

I prefer to use a pencil. Be careful if this is your first time. You don't wanna poke your eye out.
winks.gif

Hawkeye

I agree with amoona with the fluidline.

The reason is that with a brush you don't have to worry about poking your eye out but you do have to have a very steady hand. The fluidlines stay there and don't smudge off like pencils do.

How I usually do it is I gently pull the lower lashline down (put your finger right under the lower lashline and pull down) and then just line away.
smiles.gif

..kels*

i use a basic black pencil. when i use fluidline it burns & i end up with little black smudges on my eyeball. gross. maybe i'm the only one that happens to though..
rofl.gif

amoona

Damn pencil stays on for you guys?! I used to do this before I discovered fluideline and after a few hours the pencil faded and smudged. My eyes are very watery though so idk ... maybe it depends on the persons eyes.

Before buying anything maybe you could have a MAC MA try out different options on each of your eyes and see how you like them.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Damn pencil stays on for you guys?! I used to do this before I discovered fluideline and after a few hours the pencil faded and smudged. My eyes are very watery though so idk ...

Me, too. Try this: use Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, but right before you line, run a q-tip across the waterline (this helps fluidlines adhere, too). But watch out! You'll need a good remover to get that sh!t off!
hmm.gif
I use good old Pond's cold cream.

MiCHiE

I use my 24/7s, but I find myself going back to my Cover Girl Perfect Blend Black Pencil, too. It doesn't budge, either.

GothicGirl

I see a lot of girls wearing Fluidlines in the waterline...But it freaks me out! It seems so unsafe...The texture of the fluidline, the gel drying inside the eye...Can´t even imagine that! Oh no, I wear eye pencils - and may I add, the most gentle ones avaliable...Those are eyes you´re talking about, such a sensitive and important body part...

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Me, too. Try this: use Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, but right before you line, run a q-tip across the waterline (this helps fluidlines adhere, too). But watch out! You'll need a good remover to get that sh!t off!
hmm.gif
I use good old Pond's cold cream.

I second the UD 24/7 liners... I will try the q-tip though... makes sense.