Lip Lacquer / Lip Varnish

Ladydee91500

So I've been around MAC for many years (since 02) and just the past few years I'm really into the lippies. For whatever reason be it - I very vaguely remember the Lip Lacquer and Lip Varnish. Also having a little bit of a hard time finding much on them...

When were these around? Were they perms or LEs? whats the difference btwn the two formulas? Anything out there now thats similar? Any clue if these are coming back? Thanks gals!
th_confused_new.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydee91500
So I've been around MAC for many years (since 02) and just the past few years I'm really into the lippies. For whatever reason be it - I very vaguely remember the Lip Lacquer and Lip Varnish. Also having a little bit of a hard time finding much on them...

When were these around? Were they perms or LEs? whats the difference btwn the two formulas? Anything out there now thats similar? Any clue if these are coming back? Thanks gals!
th_confused_new.gif

Lacquers where a regular product, but got discontinued. The Varnishes were LE in Sep 06. Here's the collection info: Lip Varnish - September | Specktra.Net

Nothing similar to those in MAC's line at current. Maybe we will see the Lacquers as LE items. I don't know that the Varnishes will come back as the formula had a tendency to seperate, which weirded out some customers and prompted a good amount of returns.

A lot of lines are coming out with "liquid" lipsticks, which generally means a highly pigmented gloss. Those are good dupes for either.

Ladydee91500

Thanks- I've now gotta officially track down some of the Lacquers - Think they're still good? Any recommendations for my Nw20 skin?

Anyone maybe remember some of the colors that were out?

BunnyBunnyBunny

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the difference between the two was the finish. Lacquers had an opalescent, gentle metallic finish, whereas the Varnishes had a gentle shimmer and sparkle finish.

Quote:
Thanks- I've now gotta officially track down some of the Lacquers - Think they're still good? Any recommendations for my Nw20 skin?

Anyone maybe remember some of the colors that were out?

Well, I know my very first MAC product was a lip lacquer in poco pink
yes.gif

I had to have bought it like a loooong time ago and I still use it lol. I know they say you should throw it out after however long, but IMO as long as it isn't separating/smelly/ or just plain nasty I don't see any harm in it.

Here's a website that still sells them.. she is legit.. I have purchased from her and there's actually a thread about her site on here

- Search

Hope that helps!

Ladydee91500

Thank you so much - I'm definitely going to pick up a couple Babied and Poco pink look wondyful!
th_wink3.gif
Thank you again like a zillion times! this Fan-Plastico color looks fun too!

MzzRach

I loved the Lip Varnishes. I hope MAC one day revamps the formula (so it does not separate) and relaunches them.

I still have my Warning! lip varnish, even though it separates. Such an amazing red.

Simply Elegant

I had babied and it was so pretty but it's bad now and I'm waiting to B2M it but I'm hoping they come back as LE or something.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I had babied and it was so pretty but it's bad now and I'm waiting to B2M it but I'm hoping they come back as LE or something.

That would be amazing - I haven't tried them yet - I'll order soon -but I love most things mac... just hope they aren't too sticky

I still have three lip laquers. Gawd, I used to buy those things like crazy. IMO mac really messed up with they discontinued them.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels4Jewels
I still have three lip laquers. Gawd, I used to buy those things like crazy. IMO mac really messed up with they discontinued them.

Overall im just sad I missed out on these - but i started young and wasnt into lip sticks much - i think i had 3 lipglasses and n job to really afford it all lol. Good thing its not too hard to track a bunch of these down!

Thank you brightyngthng for the link again!!!

Phannimal

When I hear the word lacquer, I immediately think of nail lacquer, a.k.a. nail polish. And then I'm like, "Why would I ever want to put something as potent like that on my lips?"

Just a weird and random thought I wanted to share! LOL

j_absinthe

Quote:
Thank you so much - I'm definitely going to pick up a couple Babied and Poco pink look wondyful!
th_wink3.gif
Thank you again like a zillion times! this Fan-Plastico color looks fun too!

Fanplastico is a really nice semi-metallic berry red with high shine. I had it, but found myself not really using it so I gave it to a friend before it spoiled. The only downside is it seemed to stain many of my clients.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Fanplastico is a really nice semi-metallic berry red with high shine. I had it, but found myself not really using it so I gave it to a friend before it spoiled. The only downside is it seemed to stain many of my clients.

I found a few Lacquers on ebay - Fanplastico is one of the ones I picked up. the color sounds beautiful and from the picks I've seen looks so pretty... I'll let ya guys know the colors I picked up and all once I get them in.. should be any day now
smiles.gif

Ladydee91500

So I finally got these babies in - I picked up Fan-Plastico, Babied, Poco pink and Sheena. I'm soooo in love!! They aren't sticky are super full coverage and gorgeous looking. I'm totally loving Poco Pink right now.. its probably the best thing since sliced bread. Fan Plastico - I love - it isn't quite as dark as I had hoped but I'll make her work one way of another. Yummy - now I'm super sad that they are d/c'ed

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
My fave lip combo is Spice lip liner, VG II and Babied laquer! Try it
smiles.gif

Tried it - love it!
th_DANCE.gif
thanks!

Damn mac - had to get rid of these babies - id have loved to see the other colors of the lacquers
ssad.gif

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxc_roxc77
My favorite lip laq is Varneesh and Sheena. I got 2 backups of them from the CCO.

I'm trying to find Varneesh - can you give a descript of this color? Also did you happen to find them from the cco recently?

Latest posts