Lip Liner Questions

Tonitra

So I'm pretty new to lipcolours-I've always chosen to play up my eyes more than anything, but more and more I've found I'm wanting to pay more attention to my lips as well.

My problem here is that I'm not entirely sure how to apply lip liner (maybe that's a silly question, or is more straight forward than i think, lol?). And my other question is, do I need a matching lip liner for every lip colour I use, or it there a multipurpose lip liner you can recommend to me?

So far I have oak lip liner and tanarama lipstick which gives me a nude look that I really like. I'm beginning to think I should have gotten subculture instead though, as it might be more versatile since I like pinky colours a lot too. Would I be able to use subculture under most other lipcolours in the pink-peach range? And one last question, I'm planning on trying on a bunch of red lipsticks tomorrow (hopefully finding one that works for me), what would you suggest for a liner?
Gah, sorry for all the questions, I'm kind of confused about all this.
For reference my colouring is NW15, blonde and blue eyes.

Thanks for reading my long-winded post! It's much appreciated.

Note: Regarding the correct forum for this post, I ultimately decided to post it here, as it deals with basic application issues for lip liner, as well as questions and advice for specific MAC products. Feel free to move it as you see fit though!

brandi

lip liner is easy just line your lips to your lip line...
as for a versatile lip liner i think i would go with subculture/stripdown/and beurre if thats how you spell that one i forgot.... oh and i got softwood too i LOVE that one.... you can basically use diff. liners for diff. lipsticks.... it just depends on how you want to play your lips... bright or nude........
HTH!!!

Tonitra

Thanks for the reply...
smiles.gif

If am thinking of picking up subculture, but do you think that would work well even with red lipsticks? Or should I pick up something like cherry lip liner to go with it?

mspixieears

Although it's probably best for coral-type colours, I've found that Lure l/l works really well with warm red/peach/coral colours in general. I thought it'd be too bright, but nope, it blends pretty well, mind you I only use it to line, not to colour my lips entirely as some people do.

(I'll move this to Recs, hope you don't mind)

Latest posts