Lip Liners

irini

well i admit,when it comes to most things make up im completely clueless...so my question is lip liners...

-whats their use anyways?
-can they be worn by themselves?
-how ON EARTH do you apply them?

well thanks everyone
smiles.gif

belle89

I use lip liners to make some of lipsticks more wearable. I've noticed that a liner's color can change the color of a lipstick on me. As for application, my lips are naturally lined (I can't really explain it) so I just follow that.

Simply Elegant

To make lipstick last longer, change colour and finish, add fullness to lips.

Yes. Just line and fill.

I use lip balm first and let that soak in and then apply only on the outside edge of my lips on my lower lip only and smudge it inwards til you can barely see it so there's almost a shadow and it makes my lips fuller without going outside my natural lipline. My upper lip is really well defined already.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
To make lipstick last longer, change colour and finish, add fullness to lips.

Yes. Just line and fill.

I use lip balm first and let that soak in and then apply only on the outside edge of my lips on my lower lip only and smudge it inwards til you can barely see it so there's almost a shadow and it makes my lips fuller without going outside my natural lipline. My upper lip is really well defined already.

i apply the same as simply elegant. however i sometimes completely fill in my lips so that a lipstick will stick a bit better. for example i'll lightly colour my whole lips in cranapple liner so that when i put girl about town lippie over it, it pretty much lasts all night without touch ups!

User38

yea to all the above.. except when I want to make someone's lips a bit larger I will: use a skin colored liner on the outside of the lip line.

When I want the lips to appear a tiny bit smaller or more even, I draw the line inside the natural lip line.

and, when I want to highlight someone's lips, I will use a bit of either a pigment, or a highlighter cream on the curves of the lips (great for photos)
smiles.gif