Lip looks for braces?

funkychik02

I'm getting braces on Wednesday! I'm wondering about cute lip combos that won't draw attention to the heavy metal in my mouth. Any ideas?

gildedangel

Lip products are really hard to use when you have braces, lipstick and gloss gets on your braces and you don't know that it is there and it is a huge pain. I would stick to lip stains. If you want to wear lip products though, wear neutrals and nudes like Viva Glam V.

funkychik02

Thanks! It kind of bums me out, because of the upcoming black collection from MAC! I wish they'd wait until I get my braces off. lol

Little Addict

i actually still have my braces on and just have learned to live with them. remember when you get them to overload on chapstick since they tend to stretch you lips during the process of putting them on and they continue to rip your lips after a while. once you're used to them it's no biggy since i wore bing and kirsch mattene with them and the braces weren't a distraction

molotov

I used to wear braces a few years ago, and to be honest, they didn't affect me wearing lipstick at all.
If you want to avoid attention from the braces, I just suggest you don't choose those coloured braces they offer!!

kimmy

any colour on your lips will attract attention to the braces. i had them in high school, and i stuck with oyster girl l/g because everything else attracted alot of unwanted attention. i agree with the first replier also, that lipstick and liner can rub off on them and create a whole new problem. chapstick is the way to go with braces, imo!

Superkaz

Try focus the attention elsewhere?
Some nice eyes or big eyelashes will give them something better to look at
tong.gif

mackittyx3

haha, i have braces! for me though, the lipstick and stuff I go for it~ but if you wanna gear attention away just play up the eyes with a nice smokey or daylook and keep the lips neutral with a little gloss or chapstick [:

Latest posts