Lip products on pigmented lips.

stella.

I want to buy Syrup, but would it show up on pigmented lips? I don't like it when lip products are noticeably lighter than the actual lips on me, where it looks kind of "milky" if that makes sense. I heard Syrup is sheer, so how would it show up? I looked for swatches, but I've only seen one on lips.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on lip products that resemble this color? I don't know if the color in that picture is true to life, but I was looking for stuff in that color. It would be described as a rose, right?

Sorry for so many questions. Any help is appreciated.

n_c

Oh man, this is a hard one...I have very pigmented lips and almost nothing shows up on me...only if I do foundation and then lipstick...have you tried that?

sexypuma

ok. I don't usually do sheer or pale lip colours but yesterday when i went to the the nocturnelle release party i saw night affair on some people and it was showing ( they were at least as dark as me nc 45/c7). As for the pic, you might want to try frisky summer from Nars. It shows up as a lovely pink on me or if you want mac check out varnishing rose. HTH

Sanne

stella.

Thanks everyone, especially Sanne! Your post was really helpful, and now I think I want Midimauve instead. It's cool toned, right? I thought so, but in other pictures it looks different.

I've tried foundation before, but if I remember correctly, when it wears off you can see the foundation and it looks bad on me.

By pigmented lips, I meant darker pink like Sanne.

For those of you with pigmented lips, what are your favorite pink/rosey lipsticks?