Lip question, matching, how do you know?

SoHeartc0rex3

Hey girls (and guys!
smiles.gif
) I really don't know where this question would go, so feel free to move it, mods.

Okay, I really don't know how to determine what kind of lip would look good with certain eyeshadows. Of course I know that you wouldn't wear an orangish lip with a blue eye look, but I always wondered how to pair them up. Do I go by something on the color chart? If you could teach me how to pair a lip with an eye look I'd be soo appreciative.
smiles.gif
I'm still learning, bare with me!
winks.gif

Chic 2k6

for dark/smokey eye looks, go with a nude lip i.e. varneesh or babied laquer

for neutrals looks with black eyeliner, perhaps go for the film starlet lips like reds l/s such as Russian Red or Ruby Woo l/s

SARAHluvsMAC

as with alot of things to do with make-up this is a preference
you could actually do blue eyeshadow with an orange lip if you wanted because they are complimentary colors and will make your makeup pop, if that was the look you were going for

i personally usually do heavy eyes and more neutral lip
but smokey eye + red lip is also beautiful and i am getting more into the balance of the 2 rather than 1 dominant feature

I know telling you it's a preference doesnt help you much because you were looking for more guidance than that so let me tell you what i usually do:
blue eye mu: pinks, nudes, orange, or purples
green eye mu: usually pinks, brown
purple eye mu: pink, purple
neutral: red, neutral, brown, orange
grey: red, neutral
orange: orange or red

i usually tend to match the undertone of my lip color to that of my eye shadow though

HTH!