Lipglass tubes

lola336

I was just curious if this is happening to anyone else. On my recently purchased lipglasses/lustreglasses, it seems that the MAC logo is wiped away after a few uses. However, my older tubes the logo is still black and not even scraped. I wonder if they changed their printing ink for the bottle. Basically every newer gloss I own lost the logo on the tube. Anyone else having this problem? Not really a big deal i guess..lol.but just curious....
smiles.gif

princess

Not happening to mine... yet.

Somehow I think they are scraping on quality now?
Slightly OT but I noticed some of the doe foot applicators wears out very fast, I just started using my Pink Clash l/g and I can see the plastic part in the applicator! Am I making any sense here?
hmm.gif

MAC Mel

yea that sucks..all my brushes are like that...I can't even see the mac logo and #'s on it anymore...and...lipliners..etc =/

queenofdisaster

that happened to one of my lustreglasses i think from constantly being in my purse... but now i take them out of my purse when i'm home for the day...

tinagrzela

Yup, same here. I always carry mine in my pockets during the day, and they never did that before. I noticed it started happening with the ones that came out with Sweetie Cake. After that, about half of the new ones do it.

cloverette

i noticed that with my flowerosophy lustreglass, which just came out a few months ago. my other l/g which i've had for years are all fine!

User67

Yes, I notice it happens on the lipgloss containers, it also happens with the brushes & when I want to know what number one is I have to look it up on the MAC site & find a picture of it.

mzcelaneous

It wears off easily due to your hand's natural oils (and/or lotions you put on). That happened to a lot of mines.

ledonatella

Yeah, my Tres Cher came off and I've used it maybe 5 times but my other ones have stayed pretty good, maybe I just had greasy hands or something.

Lady_MAC

Mine do that, so all of my tubes & brushes have clear nail polish over the logo. I'm not going to lie, I want people to know that I'm using MAC. I'm paying extra for the name after all..

neotrad

Yes, I noticed that too. I don't care much if this happens to my lipglasses/lustreglasses/and most MAC products, but I don't like it happens to my brushes even though I don't really need to know the numbers or see the logo when I use them.

DOLLface

I just noticed this on my Cushy White p/g last week. I figured it was from constantly carrying it with me, but it had never happened to any of my other, older lip products.

Spam.n.Rice

I've noticed it too...all my recent lipglass and lustreglass tubes have been fading. My old ones, however, still have the logo on as if I just got them from the counter.

lara

It could be different ink or different manufacturer, or it could be that the delay between production, shipping and retailling has been shortened recently, leaving the ink with less time to cure and set before it falls into your hot little hands.
smiles.gif

Oily hands, hot handbags, humid bathrooms, etc etc etc - they don't give ink much of a shot at surviving, I'm afraid. As for the stamping on the brushes wearing away, hold them up to the light and angle them a little - you'll see a fairly deep imprint of the MAC logo and brush number, so you won't need to check the brush number on the internet all the time.
smiles.gif

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
Not happening to mine... yet.

Somehow I think they are scraping on quality now?
Slightly OT but I noticed some of the doe foot applicators wears out very fast, I just started using my Pink Clash l/g and I can see the plastic part in the applicator! Am I making any sense here?
hmm.gif

i agree with the quality issue. i have a newer doe fiit and its losing some hairs as well....hmm oh well
ssad.gif

Latest posts