lipgloss loving smoker needs advice

jbid

hi guys, i hope this isn't a non smoking area b/c i need your advice.
i'm a smoker
thmbdn.gif
and i love my lip products
thmbup.gif
. but the 2 don't get along well. so what can i do to make my l/s and l/g last longer?
i tried:
concealer+(l/s or l/g) > doesn't work
l/l+(l/s or l/g) > doesn't work
concealer+l/l+(l/s or l/g) > works a little, not quite well
l/l+l/s+l/g > awful, l/g just makes l/s fade easier
longwears > very drying
not smoking > would probably work, but not an option atm.
so, is there any other smoker willing to help me out?
tia!

RoseyPosey

if you are willing to just wear ligloss, Benefit hasd great lipgloss that isnt sticky at all but a bunch of the girls at Sephora said it lasts them through their smoke breaks.

I bought it, not for that reason, but it does stay on me very long even when im drinking from my water bottle all day long.

rachybloom

Try a very dry formula of lipliner (I've yet to find one that I'm in love with, but Rimmel is okay and Clinique isn't bad either) to use before. Anything creamy will definitely not last as long as a dry, matte formula. The key to this is to make sure your lips are very smooth and supple to begin with, otherwise your lips will look horrible with such a dry formula. Then apply a light coat of the lipstick and blot with a tissue. Next, take a powder (pressed, loose, I don't think it matters too much), and dust it lightly over your entire lips. Then apply your lipstick again. Add a dab of lipgloss and voila.

The only full-proof advice would be... to quit smoking!
greengrin.gif

good luck

user79

I just reapply after smoking...I mean it takes like 5 seconds to put on more lipgloss...

msmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I just reapply after smoking...I mean it takes like 5 seconds to put on more lipgloss...

an excellent point!
yes.gif

jbid

yeah, reapplying is an excellent idea. but not an option as i smoke on the run.
thank you anyway.

pratbc

I, too, unfortunately am a smoker and I agree with MissChievous on this one- the only real solution is to reapply after smoking. Even if you're on the run it only takes a sec with gloss. I am so used to it I can do it while multi tasking on the run w/out a mirror.
Sorry I couldnt be of any more help.

jbid

thank you ladies, i think i'll have to master the "applying w/o a mirror" technique lol.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
I, too, unfortunately am a smoker and I agree with MissChievous on this one- the only real solution is to reapply after smoking. Even if you're on the run it only takes a sec with gloss. I am so used to it I can do it while multi tasking on the run w/out a mirror.
Sorry I couldnt be of any more help.

True...I rarely use a mirror to touch up my lipstick or lipgloss during the day. It just takes a bit of practice but it's really easy.

BTW she was asking about recommendations for lipgloss application, not help on how to quit smoking.
winks.gif

Love Always Ivy

see i had this problem with having a boyfriend and kissing wearing out all my beautiful lip products ....

the solution was obvious ... be single :p