Lipliner/lipstick feathering?

SnowAngel1106

I LOVE wearing red lipstick (well any lipstick in general)...but I find that it feathers REALLY bad so it looks horrible when I reapply. I line, fill lips with liner, put concealer around the lip line area, powder lightly over the lipstick, and even tried this Clinique lip stuff that was supposed to help stop the feathering. Nothing seems to help. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! xoxo

LC

Try this: pinch your lips using your thumb and pointer finger around the edges of your lips (where you'd apply the liner).

then apply a light brown almost nude liner. Since there's less pigment in this, it won't feather, so you use this as kind of a primer for your red lip liner.

Line over the nude liner with the red liner, then put your lipstick on
smiles.gif

Here's a more in depth blog about getting the perfect red lip (and MAC artists, pay attention! These are exactly the steps you need to take when getting your certification for this! well except for the pinching the lips part, that's just a french beauty secret) I had written this blog a few months ago on my old blog, but I just copied it to my new blog to show you
smiles.gif

The Perfect Red Lip

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
Baci, what does the pinching do?

it'll naturally plump (temporarily), but it helps with any bleeding of color (or so I was trained, I always do it just to be safe
smiles.gif
)