Lippies Anonymous

AngellFace

Hi everybody,

I'm just curious to know if anyone here turns to their makeup during hard times or if they're having a bad day. A lot of us say we are addicted to makeup, e/s, etc. Well this morning while at work I really came to grips with the fact that I am a true addict. Right now at work we are going thru a lot of changes in my dept. Resignations, terminations and the like, one of these being my immediate supervisor. While sitting at my desk trying hard to fight back my tears because of the stress and tension I had such an urge to pull out my makeup bag and start doing my lips! Yes, I wanted to pull out all 5 lipsticks, 8 lipglosses/dazzleglasses and 3 lip liners, spread them out on my desk and get to work lmao. For me that means doing endless combinations while wiping them off in between. When I realized how bad I wanted to do it, I told my coworker and she sd whatever gets me thru, she does yoga. But I started reflecting and noticed when I'm unhappy, I turn to my gloss. I know it's better than alcohol or overeating, but it still seems a lil odd to me. Does anyone else do this, or am I just a nut? LOL

Simply Elegant

When I'm having a bad day, I like taking extra time on my entire face making sure everything looks well put together and later in the day I'll go to the gym.

makeba

whew girl, i know what you mean becuz i do the same exact thing. i had such a hell week last week dealing with my co-workers, family, my enraged hormonal teenage son, i thought i would not make it to the end of the week!. i told my son i deserve a tube of lipgloss!!! and went right to the mac counter i did, and i have had the urge to check my makeup bag during the day at work when things get crazy and try on gloss with different liners etc. soo no your not crazy!!! its good to know i am not alone!!! i gotta do some yoga to calm myself!

AngellFace

WOOHOO!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone either. And I too go and get a gloss after a hard week. And if I'm in between paychecks and can't get MAC or hit Sephora, my neighborhood CVS or Walgreens suffices. LOL

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
When I'm having a bad day, I like taking extra time on my entire face making sure everything looks well put together and later in the day I'll go to the gym.

I wish I could get addicted to excerise, that would be a nice healthy solution. Well at least I'm not drinking
thmbup.gif
lol.

makeba

oh hush now!!! now i am beginning to think you are my twin!!! i have gone to cvs, walgreens and picked up a lippie also if i am between checks and dont let it be BOGO!!!. ahh this is too funny. now we know we should be like elegant and hit the gym!!! there is nothing better than a good work out!!

AngellFace

Hahaha LMAO! Girl we are definitely twins. Forget the Doublemint Twins, we are Glossy Twins (feel free to come up with a better name lol). Unfortunately I have tried the workout thing and I just don't get any pleasure from it. Imma keep trying though
th_wink3.gif

AngellFace

yahoo.gif
Thank you so much for keeping my mind off things here at work. Thanks to you what started off as a bad day actually turned out pretty good. Have a good night Twin
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngellFace
I wish I could get addicted to excerise, that would be a nice healthy solution. Well at least I'm not drinking
thmbup.gif
lol.

Try a kickboxing class. Really fun and lets off a lot of steam from a bad day.

LMD84

well i don't apply make up when things are going crazy and i'm stressed - i start re-organising my stuff! and i have to make sure all the mac logos are facing me! sometimes i'll do things in colour order, alphabetical order... yep i'm a nut!
th_wink3.gif

AngellFace

Quote:
Try a kickboxing class. Really fun and lets off a lot of steam from a bad day.

You may be onto something. I have a Tae Bo dvd at home, maybe tonight I'll pop it in cuz today is going to be a humdinger. Thanks for reminging me
smiles.gif

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
well i don't apply make up when things are going crazy and i'm stressed - i start re-organising my stuff! and i have to make sure all the mac logos are facing me! sometimes i'll do things in colour order, alphabetical order... yep i'm a nut!
th_wink3.gif

Cool, I love it! Girl ur not a nut cuz at least when ur done, ur makeup is all neat and tidy. When I'm done, all I have to show for it is a bunch of wasted tissues (from all the wiping off), and product lol.

anita22

I think whenever I'm tired or stressed, it's always a happy thought for me that in the morning I get to put on a fresh face. No matter what tomorrow brings, I will at least have some fun first thing in the morning doing my makeup.

Eoraptor

I can relate, tho for me it's the eyes that are a de-stressor. I've noticed I'm much less stressed at work when I wear full eye makeup, and I'm especially calm and collected if I spend the time to do them as well as I can, with several shades of eyeshadow/pigement. As long as I'm dolled up, I can just think "I'm gorgeous and you're not" when I have an asinine customer.
winks.gif

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngellFace
You may be onto something. I have a Tae Bo dvd at home, maybe tonight I'll pop it in cuz today is going to be a humdinger. Thanks for reminging me
smiles.gif

I went yesterday and itseriously works every time.

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoraptor
I can relate, tho for me it's the eyes that are a de-stressor. I've noticed I'm much less stressed at work when I wear full eye makeup, and I'm especially calm and collected if I spend the time to do them as well as I can, with several shades of eyeshadow/pigement. As long as I'm dolled up, I can just think "I'm gorgeous and you're not" when I have an asinine customer.
winks.gif

I can only imagine all the great looks you've done. Do you post FOTD on here?

AngellFace

Quote:
I went yesterday and itseriously works every time.

By the time I got home that night, I felt so emotionally drained I just went to bed. I still want to try tho.

kelly2509t

I've done that! I was just having one of those days the other day so to make myself happier I went and played with my make up and tidied it up a lil' bit. It did actually make me feel better. It's kinda like your in your own little world! A make up world...BLISS <3

Maybe I should try yoga next time...