Lips with Natural Coloring

missymaricel

I have lips with a natural reddish-brown tone to them inherited from my daddy (look at my avatar; I'm not wearing any lipstick!!!). I would love to play down my natural lip color in order to wear more nude l/s shades on my lips, especially when I'm wearing intense smokey eye makeup. The thing is, my natural lip color always shows through more nude l/s colors giving me a wierd pink color. I've already tried using foundation/concealer with powder on my lips as a base to tone them down, but this always makes me look too pale looking and gives my nude l/s colors an icky pale whitish color. My question is, what can I use as a base out there to tone down my lipcolor, and what nude l/s shade would you recommend for my light (Asian) skin coloring? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. TIA!!!

*Luna*

I use a pencil in Oak to fill in my lips and I use Wildly Lush Plushglass for shine. For me, the Oak pencil is the perfect nudish color, it gives them just enough color to look great =)

missymaricel

Thanks, Luna! I think I'll try that. I guess the only thing that works is to cover my entire natural lip color with a nude lipliner pencil. Oak with its beige-brown color will probably work best on me. I appreciate the recommendation!!!