Lipstick dupe?

NatalieMT

I received a mini version of Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pure Shine in #10 Venus Rose quite a while ago now and it's running low. I love the colour, I think it's gorgeous applied quite heavily - the only problem is that the full size version is £18 (about $36). Which is just ridiculous for a lipstick. Can anyone suggest a MAC lipstick that's a dupe/very similar colour?

_5004398.jpg

NatalieMT

The lighting in here is pretty bad, but I managed a swatch and a picture of the actual lipstick -

venusswatch.jpg

venusswatch2.jpg

PomPoko

Hey, I have this lipstick, and i've compared to the pinks I have, and annoyingly the most similar is Blueblood from the Finery (I think) collection, from holiday 07. So if you can get your hands on that, that would work. The next that I own thats not that dissimilar is Bombshell, though its more goldy/warm toned than bluey/cool toned.

NatalieMT

Thankyou! I have Blueblood but I personally think it looks a little darker, it doesn't wear as vibrant on me as Venus Rose. I'll have a look into Bombshell though.

I was also thinking maybe even Sweetie or Lustering? Maybe even a Slimshine?

PomPoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Thankyou! I have Blueblood but I personally think it looks a little darker, it doesn't wear as vibrant on me as Venus Rose. I'll have a look into Bombshell though.

I was also thinking maybe even Sweetie or Lustering? Maybe even a Slimshine?

Aww, perhaps its cos I have quite naturally pigmented lips...lots of lipsticks look similar on me cos of it
angry.gif
I'm not sure what sweetie and lustering are like...but its always fun to find out right?
winks.gif

user79

It looks like the lipstick has a slightly gold sheen, so I suggest Bombshell or Chatterbox.

NatalieMT

I do think Chatterbox looks lovely! Thankyou!

What I might do is take Venus Rose to my local counter and swatch all these suggested colours next to it and see which is best.

Latest posts