Lipstick Rec--1st timer needs help-pic for ref

gigglegirl

Hi fellow MAC-aholics!

I am a lip gloss gal but the new mattene's REALLY intrigue me, and as I'm nearly done university and will be venturing into the "real-world" next year, I was wondering if someone could recommend a lipstick for me.

I am currently using Hyper Real foundation in NW100--very light coverage. Pic attached--don't laugh! I'm not thrilled w. pics but thought it'd be best for help. As you can see I have blue-greyish eyes, brown hair.

I usually wear browns/greys, pinks, greens for eyeshadows A) Is there a versatile Mattene you would recommend? B) How do you choose what lip colour to go with--like do you want it to contrast your eyeshadow? (Ex. smokey eyes, less intense lips and light eyes, brighter lips?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

panda0410

I think the best way is to go to MAC and have a play with them in person - you may/may not like the textures of the mattenes or the colours once they are applied.
However, if I had to choose from them I would probably choose something more universal for my first lippie, something that I could wear anywear really and I think 40s Pink or Poise would both be nice from Mattene. Outside that I would strongly recommend picking up one or two of the VG lippies as well - they are totally wearable anywear, come in different textures and you can just cant go wrong with them
smiles.gif