Lipstick recommendation for my mother.

VanillaCupcake

Hi! I know this is sort of a tough question, but I'm having trouble finding a MAC lipstick for my mother for Christmas. I've been trying to decide for about 2 days now lol. What shade is the most suitable for a 46 year old woman, with medium skin, blonde hair, and hazel eyes? Her lips are thin. She currently wears really dark brown lipstick, but I was looking for something a bit lighter.

Thanks for any suggestions!

baghdad81

With my mom, 60, fair-medium, dark hair, I got her russian red, Spice is nice and VG IV and she liked it.

MitzyG

I am a bit older than your mom and have black hair. I am thinking she might like Cyndi. I like Russian Red, but that might be too dark for her.

PixieDancer

If you have medium skin tone, choose deep browns, deep reds with blue undertones, warm reds, medium browns with pink or yellow undertones, deep, rich pinks, and pinks with brown undertones.
Wear lighter and glossier shades if you have thinner lips, as they generally make thin lips appear fuller. Dark lipsticks will make your thin, small lips even thinner and smaller.

Read more: How to Choose the Best Lipstick Color | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2034176_choose-lipstick.html#ixzz1gTFZTe8N

Above is quote copied from that link.

If you want to play it safe and stay away from reds and browns, maybe go with Brave. It's a Satin Pink-Beige. It's a lovely "everyday" color.
OR, you could get her a MAC gift card and have a girly shopping day and pick one out together!! Just an idea!
Good Luck hun! And it's very sweet of you to give your mom the gift of "pretty!"

Latest posts