Lipstick Recommendations? (Pic Heavy!)

kayley123

I'm looking for a very natural lipstick. I have been trying nudes and pinks like an idiot, when my lips are naturally sort of reddish/pigmented.
I am about NC20 and Asian.

PLEASE ignore the rest of my face, it looks horrible!

I am heavily considering Kinda Sexy as my next one to try!

Bare Lips (various lighting):
BareLips001.jpg
BareLips002.jpg

BareLips003.jpg
BareLips004.jpg

I have some pics for how some of them look on me...
Creme Cup & Snob
CremeCup1.jpg

(Snob looks the same, only a bit more opaque).
Snob5.jpg

Pink Plaid:
PinkPlaid3.jpg
PinkPlaid2.jpg

Viva Glam I:
VivaGlamI3.jpg
VivaGlamI1.jpg

I've also tried Brave but I didn't like how it looked, it was sort of muddy and brownish.
Cosmo was too dark/purply/magenta
Creme D'Nude looked generally like Creme Cup but instead of pink it was beige; more like my skin tone.

I am not really a fan of Lustre or Frost finishes, but anything else would be great!

Oh, and here's my favorite lippie right now, which is Creme Anglaise Cremesheen Glass!
CremeAnglaise004.jpg
CremeAnglaise003.jpg

CremeAnglaise002.jpg

kayley123

Whoops, fixed them! Thanks for telling me, it took me a little while to figure out what I did wrong!

xoleaxo

you would look great with the new viva gaga lipstick! also try syrup, high tea, hug me & girl about town (everyone needs that crazy bright, fun lipstick in their collection! lol)

kayley123

I'm heavily considering:
--Kinda Sexy: Neutral pinky-rose (Matte)
--Hot Gossip: Mid-tone pinky plum (Cremesheen)
--On Hold: Mid-tone yellow raspberry (Cremesheen)
--Fanfare: Mid-tone yellow pink (Cremesheen)

Opinions?

ci.italy

I have quite pigmented red lips so if you're looking for something to tone down that "doll" effect and even out lips with your face, I recommend:
- Hue if you're looking for a lipstick
- Ample pink (plushglass) if you're looking for a lipgloss
these are my 2 favourites products for my lips at the moment!

Kragey

I would recommend MAC Viva Glam V, MAC Hold the Pose, Clinique Extreme Pink (for something bolder), NYX Thalia, or NYX Fig. I also like your idea of trying MAC's Fanfare.
smiles.gif

kayley123

Okay, one vote for Fanfare...
High Tea and Blankety just didn't work for me, I felt like they were too light for my lips, made me look dead (I don't have any pics of those though).
I know I tried Viva Glam II but I don't remember how it looked, I know I didn't like it though...(sorry!)

A couple of votes for Viva Glam V, so I ought to check that one out...
and Cherish for a nude...

Do you like the Creme Anglaise on me?

Hm...Any other opinions? Suggestions? Comments? Insults?
tong.gif

Holy Rapture

How about amplified cremes? You could try Up The Amp for a bolder look or Angel for a softer one ... Or if you like NYX, you could try Louisiana (dark pink) or Narcissus (a softer one) ...

Dani California

I was also going to say Viva glam V. And if you want to tone down the colour of your lips first, which i sometimes do as my lips are quite pigmented, try a little concealer blended into your lips first before applying your lipsticks, it makes the colour more true I find. Also playing around with different lip liners also helps.
thmbup.gif

I also like playing around with different glosses as well for a different look

Hope that helps

Honey&LemonGirl

I'm also NC20 and Asian, and Patisserie looks very natural on my lips. Unfortunately, it's a lustre! Because that's the only MAC finish I really like, but it's one of the finishes you don't like.
ssad.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

Also, Laugh A Lot from Spring Forecast, for a MLBB (but still natural-looking) mauve pink.

Ah, and I just looked up the finish and, of course, it's a lustre.
lol.gif
I've heard Spiceflower (which is an AC finish) is very similar to Laugh A Lot though.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
I'm also NC20 and Asian, and Patisserie looks very natural on my lips. Unfortunately, it's a lustre! Because that's the only MAC finish I really like, but it's one of the finishes you don't like.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Also, Laugh A Lot from Spring Forecast, for a MLBB (but still natural-looking) mauve pink.

Ah, and I just looked up the finish and, of course, it's a lustre.
lol.gif
I've heard Spiceflower (which is an AC finish) is very similar to Laugh A Lot though.

Well, I might just have to try some Lustres then! I'm not a fan, I think they're a little drying, but I could top them with some gloss (I LOVE Cremesheen Glasses!). Thanks for the recommendations! I really appreciate it!

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
You have such cute lips! I would also recommend Laugh A Lot (which I just bought), Faux (slightly milky mauve) and NARS Dolce Vita
smiles.gif

Hehe Thank you!
smiles.gif

kayley123

A couple of votes for Viva Glam V, so I ought to check that one out...
Okay--I have tried it; I have pics...not really sure how it looks...
Also got some pics of Brave.

I like the texture of Amplified Cremes, but I'm a little afraid of Up the Amp. Angel sounds all right, I think it'll just turn out like a light pink shiny gloss though.

NYX, I've tried Louisiana (dark pink) & Narcissus (a softer one) and they're all right...I like Iris and Tea Rose, but don't love them...Maybe I'm too picky? :p
I think the trouble is that I need something slightly more sheer/less opaque because my lips are reddish; but the finishes I don't like are the ones that are more sheer (Frost/Lustre). Glaze is okay. I'm thinking Cremesheen is my best bet (and I like that finish!), since Satin, Amp. Creme, and Matte are all going to be opaque...

To Try: Cherish, Angel?, Fanfare...
Patisserie, Laugh a Lot, Spiceflower? Faux, NARS Dolce Vita